Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

HP Color Laserjet CP5525DN problem with Print quality/raster out Mac OSX10.6

Hello

I have a HP Color Laserjet CP5525DN.
    Prints out of ArchiCAD are sometime faulty .. some areas will not be printed, specially the hatching.
    The Printer Driver ist up to date, v17

If i make a PDF first and print on CP5525DN, the problem is the same.
    Print on a other printer, everything is ok.

and .jpg exported from Cinema4D are faulty too.

Have anyone experience or a idea?

thx

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: HP Color Laserjet CP5525DN problem with Print quality/raster out Mac OSX10.6

Did you update the firmware?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: HP Color Laserjet CP5525DN problem with Print quality/raster out Mac OSX10.6

Hi prntrfxr

Thanky you for reply.
    No it is not the newest and yes i now thats the first thing. But in the tech notice is nothing written about this failure...
    The costumer is far far away, and i don't believe its a firmware problem...
    I think it's a problem with the driver...

have you experience with this failure?
    have you had ever a similar problem and fixed with firmware update?

best regards,
    occus

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: HP Color Laserjet CP5525DN problem with Print quality/raster out Mac OSX10.6

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Does the machine print well ever? And could you post a picture of what the fault looks like? We're kind of a detail oriented bunch here, so the more information you can provide will help us give you more efficient help.
    Without that information though, sounds like you need to replace the toner cartridges.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hi Iowatech

Thank you for reply!

I'm Technician and the printer prints well, all cartridges are ok.
    Prints out of Microsoft Office ore something like that, are ok.

If the customer print out of the AutoCAD (software for architecture, i don't know its a global software) then he have buildings and illustrations on the print... different materials are "rastered"(parallel diagonal lines), and on the prints the raster is sometime missing. Looks like old printer if they have not enough memory space, white squares 2-5 cm2 (not printed) in the middle of the prints. Areas which are rastered.

I'm sure that is a driver problem... but i found no solutions...

also if the customer print .jpg produced with Cinema4d, the printer

If the option is available select simulate overprint.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I would still update the firmware. Also, remember any settings in the driver will affect how the printer prints. Check the driver settings when printing from Autocad versus when you pull up the driver settings in menus.

You might also check to see if there is a patch or update for the Autocad program. Especially, since it seems to be happening only with it.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".