Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hp cm 6030 poor color printing

I have a HP cm6030 mfp which was not used for a long time.
    Now is back to work the black copies are fine,the color copies are very poor except blue,I tried raise the tone in admin menu still the same
    the drum cartridges are used about 35% so they have a lot of life remaining.
    Can any one help me to correct the color quality copies.
    Thank you

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Hp cm 6030 poor color printing

If the machine wasn't stored in a climate controlled environment, the yellow and magenta cartridges probably got cooked and need to be replaced.
    Might not hurt to get the black and cyan cartridges conveniently staged as well, as they probably suffered some damage, too.
    On a lighter note, you might just need to use the machine for a while and the colors could come back on their own. This machine wasn't designed to sit idle for long periods of time after all, it was made to run, and running it for a while might be all it needs.
    Still, more likely than not those cartridges need to be replaced.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Hp cm 6030 poor color printing

Lightbulb Re: Hp cm 6030 poor color printing

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    If the machine wasn't stored in a climate controlled environment, the yellow and magenta cartridges probably got cooked and need to be replaced.
    Might not hurt to get the black and cyan cartridges conveniently staged as well, as they probably suffered some damage, too.
    On a lighter note, you might just need to use the machine for a while and the colors could come back on their own. This machine wasn't designed to sit idle for long periods of time after all, it was made to run, and running it for a while might be all it needs.
    Still, more likely than not those cartridges need to be replaced.
    The toner in cartridges seems to good, I thought if there is any way to raise density of toner, I think to use it for a while before replacing cartridges.
    Thanks

Service Manager 250+ Posts HP:guy's Avatar

There is no easy answer or short cut.
    You either need to run a lot of color prints to get the developer charges to where they should beor,
    put in new units.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by HP:guy View Post
    There is no easy answer or short cut.
    You either need to run a lot of color prints to get the developer charges to where they should beor,
    put in new units.
    If all the suggestions does not work....probably its a dust inside the laser unit (mirrors)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts IkeW0491's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by b1406 View Post
    The toner in cartridges seems to good, I thought if there is any way to raise density of toner, I think to use it for a while before replacing cartridges.
    Thanks
    Hi B1406,

Like IowaTech and others said, if this machine sat for a while it is probably just that the toner needs time to build back up to proper charge level.

These toner cartridges and drums can become caked from humidity or if the climate is over hot, it can also cause issues with them.

Your best bet is to try and run it for awhile, see if the density comes back, if not then replace the drums and cartridges with new ones

I would suggest that your get all new drums and cartridges (all 4 colors), best not to try using the older ones with new ones.

Hope this helps

IKE