Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 250+ Posts

Anyone work on color inkjet 6000?

My wife has one that just decided one day to stop printing black..colors were working fine. new ink cart=no help.. cleaning the carriage assembly=no help. Removed the printer from her computer and reinstalled the printer from scratch= no black or color printing now..any ideas? definitely sounds like software conflict to me. She's on windows 7 64 bit.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts IkeW0491's Avatar

Re: Anyone work on color inkjet 6000?

Hi Ucinn,

Do you have another computer you can set it up on.

I doubt it is a software/ driver issue, but that will help to resolve this (if possible use an XP machine to test with).

If the black was not working after changing, it could be a faulty print head.

Now that both black and color are no longer printing it is more than likely a faulty printhead or (and this is very rare) corrupted firmware.

You can try and update the firmware and see if that fixes it (not sure it will).

Here is a link to HP's Site for downloading software and all:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...t=3866951#N632

IKE

Service Manager 250+ Posts

Re: Anyone work on color inkjet 6000?

Quote Originally Posted by IkeW0491 View Post
    Hi Ucinn,

Do you have another computer you can set it up on.

I doubt it is a software/ driver issue, but that will help to resolve this (if possible use an XP machine to test with).

If the black was not working after changing, it could be a faulty print head.

Now that both black and color are no longer printing it is more than likely a faulty printhead or (and this is very rare) corrupted firmware.

You can try and update the firmware and see if that fixes it (not sure it will).

Here is a link to HP's Site for downloading software and all:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...t=3866951#N632

IKE
    Thanks for the reply. After posting that, she went and removed the printer from her computer again and reinstalled it again and all is working fine again now. After a google search, seems like this thing has a habit of just stopping printing black.