Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

HP 8150 black lines

Have an 8150, when it prints (paper is loaded 11 X 8 1/2), there are lines (varying in thickness from pencil lines to 2", the more you print, the worse it gets) across the page. You can still see the document, but the black lines are over it. Tried 3 different toners, (1 HP and 2 compatible), installed maintenance kit (it needed a fuser anyway) so it's not the transfer. It will also repeat down the page after awhile, about 3" intervals, like the drum is not being cleaned. Engine board? HVPS? Machine is an hour away and have been there twice, would like to make the third time the charm.... Appreciate any help. Jeff M.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: HP 8150 black lines

Based on your description and what you have changed, I would guess formatter, or one of the memory chips on it. I have had a similar issue with a bizhub. I pulled the mfb [ same as formatter ] and reseated it and it got worse. If you had one to swap with it would be great. If it were not the formatter, possibally a bad printhead.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

I believe the formatter has been changed on this machine before (the serial number is all X's), but I just took over the servicing of it last week, so I do not know the history. Formatter is easier than the other choices, so I'll start with that first. Thanks.

Service Manager 250+ Posts HP:guy's Avatar

Static Eliminator Strip teeth are
    contaminated or defective. This is for the lines.
    As for the repeating mark, 1 Pickup roller 2.93 inches, drum 3.71, lower fuser roller 3.91.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

To me it sounds like a HVPS because it is black lines not white and they are "Across the Page.
    I would check the HVPS connection points for contact. They could be brocken or bent.

The first thing you do on a print quality issue is do a stop test. Run a page thru tray 1 and stop it partially in fuser and partially not.. If you can wipe off the defect you know its not thew fuser. Just for next time to save you steps. Then you can eliminate things like fuser which you did.

The next thing you did was tried the Toner and the Transfer roller. That wasn't it so...It has to be HVPS.
    Izzy

It was the HVPS. Thanks for all your replies. Appreciate it. Jeff M.