Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

HP CP3505 missing black portion of lower half of last page ONLY of print job

Really strange one, hope someone has seen this...see attachments. I got this after replacing the right side slide lever, but think it may have something to do with rough treatment. The top lever on the left side (for the black unit) was also broken and replaced. It only happens on the LAST PAGE of a print job. If it's a one page job, that page will also be the last page and will be missing the lower half, black only, colors seem to be fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

Re: HP CP3505 missing black portion of lower half of last page ONLY of print job

If you fix this let us know what it was please
    Izzy

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: HP CP3505 missing black portion of lower half of last page ONLY of print job

I've seen something similar. Turned out to be a bad formatter.

Quote Originally Posted by draph View Post
    I've seen something similar. Turned out to be a bad formatter.
    I don't know what you mean by 'formatter'. Is that the main board?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

I noticed that page 2 was kind of garbled as well--the second half of it. I would have to wonder if this is some sort of paper issue. I've seen similar issues when there's too much paper moisture in the older color machines. Although, I've not seen it in anything newer than a 3505. But just for kicks and giggles, try running the paper though a second time, after it's been through the fuser.

If nothing changes, I would look at some sort of electrical connection problem. And try to STOP the paper just when you think the problem is beginning. For example, if you stopped where the paper is just beginning to blank out, and the paper is just barely going into the fuser unit, that might have something to do with it... some sort of discharge might be occurring. But if you can't really figure it out, I would start by replacing the transfer unit.

Can you post a diagnostics sheet?

Please don't leave this thread without letting us know what it was. :>

It is confusing the way I have the three examples posted. The first and third are pages 5 and 6 of the Menu Map. That is a 6-page run, and only in black. I was showing that page 1 through 5 were okay, while page 6, the last page, showed the problem. The second page posted is the Supplies Status Page, which is a one-page document, and in color. Even though it's page 1, it's also the last page, and shows the problem as well. This page is in color, and that's why there is some printing on the lower half. But looks to me like the black portion is what's missing.

I wanted to post the pages properly, but failed to do so.

The customer has purchased a replacement printer, so I don't know if this issue will ever be resolved. Only if someone has seen the problem, and knows the fix, will I approach the customer to see if it will. If I ever do get it resolved, I will definitely post it. Thanks to all who read, and especially to those who responded.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

I see--thanks for clearing that up.