Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    HP C6015dn rep. fuser mess. stays on

I have a customer that has one on these in their office. They replaced the fuser unit after the message came on to do so. The replace fuser kit light stays on and will not reset. 2 new fusers have been replaced from HP. I also replaced the fixing unit power supply with no success.Any info is helpful.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

Re: HP C6015dn rep. fuser mess. stays on

These use the same reset as the clj 4700 in that the fuse has an internal fuse that resets the dc controller. I have had this on 4700's be the dc controller.
    So I would try that. Also how old is this thing could it be on warranty? have hp deal with their stupid ass reset system!
    Izzy

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
    These use the same reset as the clj 4700 in that the fuse has an internal fuse that resets the dc controller. I have had this on 4700's be the dc controller.
    So I would try that. Also how old is this thing could it be on warranty? have hp deal with their stupid ass reset system!
    It will never happen...Lol... Most of these problems happen when Refurb fusers are replaced... Unfortunately on these models as Wild Bill mentions it is always a good idea to replace with new fusers.....

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Customer has been buying fusers off ebay, I replaced the poco fuse on one the fuser units with Konica Minolta poco fuse, green fuse. No results. I will ask them to purchase a new fuser from HP before I replace the DC controller, already replaced the fixing unit power supply with no change