Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Exclamation CLJ 9500 with color plane shift

The color planes are misregistered. It all seems to have started after supplies were replaced. All of the supplies (drums, toners, transfer belt, fuser) were replaced within a week of each other, and the old supplies have been discarded, so I'm not able to go back to any original supplies. The black seems to be worse than the other colors but I also see shift with the yellow as well. The Event Log is showing many 54 errors. 54.13, 54.16, 54.15, 54.30, 54.12, 54.11, 54.18, 54.17 are the last errors. They point to density sensors and CPR sensors of all colors being out of range. The Log also shows 41.15 Drum Phase Sensor out of range which is not even in the Service Manual.

I was able to get the transfer belt (ITB) replaced under warranty, but replacing it didn't fix the issue either. I've tried a Cold Reset, I've cleaned the CPR Sensor windows, I've reseated the Drums. I run the "Calibrate Now" procedure after every step. I also ran "Calibrate Now" after setting up Print Stop Test to look at the calibration swatches on the ITB. They looked good, no colors were missing or light.

The laser alignment page indicates that all of the lasers are out of alignment, which I find very hard to believe.

I spoke to a tech support person of one of my vendors and they suggested the DC Controller. They said the Density/Color Registration Sensor Assembly is rarely replaced.

My customer has just spent thousands of dollars in supplies and wants to continue using this printer until those supplies run out.

Does anyone here have any experience with this problem? Help!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

Re: CLJ 9500 with color plane shift

Are these OEM toner Cartridges in the Printer? Because refills are crap.
    Izzy

Re: CLJ 9500 with color plane shift

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
    Are these OEM toner Cartridges in the Printer? Because refills are crap.
    Yes, they are. I made sure of that. Some of them were 3rd-party previous to replacing all supplies recently.