Technician 500+ Posts

HP Color LJ 1600/2600

I would like to get some guru input on the HP Color LJ 1600 and 2600. First of all we use compatible cartridges. Has anyone had any experience with using compatible cartridges in these machines? I know its best to use OEM, but would like to pick the brains of those who had experience with compatibles. We seem to get streaking a good bit caused by the cartridge. Have tried different vendors as well.

I have seen on these machines that the color registration has been an issue. In my case, I have replaced all cartridges and that corrected the issue. Has anyone seen this issue with compatibles or OEM?

Lastly, I see a haze that covers the page. I can see it very well just because I'm a tech. I have had someone mention it though. The rest of the print is good. Just the haze and its not the paper. Anyone seen this?

Any and all input would be appreciated. I only have a few of these I service and thought some of you may see them more than me as well have been exposed to them longer.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

Re: HP Color LJ 1600/2600

Just going to let you know what I see...
    B/W Refills are Good for the most part...Still have toner leaks, print quality issues squeaks.
    Color Refills Suck. Always alignment problems, back grounding (Your problem very light haze, Replace the cartridge pertaining to the color of haze)
    Leaks, streaks and crappy prints. If you have a choice go with OEM otherwise you will have to live with it

I service 4600/4700/5500 and some of the new stuff.
    Never had very good experience with the color compatibles but I have to deal with it, that's all they buy.
    Izzy

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

The color toner is finer in size ? Pretty sure. They do not work out so good. Leaking , streaks, etc. HP 1600- 2600 I only have a few out but same as Wild Bill said. HP-4600, 4700 compatables just don't work. TROUBLE.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

We find that you must use the same brand of compatibles all at same time. No mixing. Seems to cause drum charging problems.

Technician 500+ Posts

Thanks everyone for your input. Just wanted to make sure from those who know. I think we are going to try one more vendor for these color cartridges. There failure rate is lower than the manufactures we use know. A little higher in cost, but worth a shot. Seems selling OEM is not worth it. No money to be made once you pay product and shipping cost versus the big box stores. Again, thanks for your input.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hello, anybody known? Toners are not genuine. Toners are compatible.
    Black has good alignment, but cyan, magenta, yellow are shifted to the right.
    I clean with isopropyl alcohol transfer belt, but nothing happened.
    Please check photo.
    Attached Files Attached Files