Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

HP CP1515N Printing Light on Left side, Black only.

Hi Guys,

Pretty much as the title says really.

I have a CP1515N that has decided to print light down the left hand side of the page (approx. 1 inch in) on the Black only.
    CMY part of test print is perfect.
    I have tried the same cartridge in another machine and it performs perfectly.
    Tried another couple of carts and still the issue persists.

Removed laser assembly and checked for any obstructions / dust on mirrors but all is good. I cleaned the laser assembly anyway just in case.

Transfer belt looks good

Ideas on a postcard please!!!

Paul

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: HP CP1515N Printing Light on Left side, Black only.

Quote Originally Posted by paultuk View Post
    Hi Guys,

Pretty much as the title says really.

I have a CP1515N that has decided to print light down the left hand side of the page (approx. 1 inch in) on the Black only.
    CMY part of test print is perfect.
    I have tried the same cartridge in another machine and it performs perfectly.
    Tried another couple of carts and still the issue persists.

Removed laser assembly and checked for any obstructions / dust on mirrors but all is good. I cleaned the laser assembly anyway just in case.

Transfer belt looks good

Ideas on a postcard please!!!

Paul
    If that machine is in a pretty clean environment, please ignore what follows.
    I've been to some machines that are in foundry like environments though, and there dust builds up on one side the polygon mirror faces, and that causes the prints to begin to be light on the left hand side. It's easy to see on the faces of the polygon mirror when you know to look for this (before I knew what to look for that was a real head scratcher though). Best thing for that is to replace the black laser's polygon mirror motor assembly, but I've had some luck cleaning the faces of the polygon mirror with a blast of air, or on some smaller black and white printers (that have square polygon mirrors) with a dry cloth.
    Heh, if you have to replace the polygon mirror motor assembly, the old polygon mirror can make a neat key chain fob. I have one of those for my riding lawnmower.
    Last edited by Iowatech; 07-26-2014 at 03:07 AM. Reason: It isn't hard to see dust on mirrors

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: HP CP1515N Printing Light on Left side, Black only.

Does the black print fade away or does it suddenly stop?

Stop it in the middle of a print to see if the print fades on the drum as well as the paper. That will tell you if it's a transfer problem.