Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35
  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: cp3525 with 59.f0 error

    Hello,

    I have also an error 59.F0 and have fix it with cleaning the Solenoid!

    Many thx!!!


  2. #12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    667
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: cp3525 with 59.f0 error

    So HP designed this printer knowing about those solenoids and put them in that drive mechanism? Not cool!

    Izzy

  3. #13
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North Bend
    Posts
    1,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: cp3525 with 59.f0 error

    You think that was not cool--wait till you have to take one out. I swear, I wish I could get one of those engineers alone for 5 minutes.


  4. #14
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts JLSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: cp3525 with 59.f0 error

    Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    You think that was not cool--wait till you have to take one out. I swear, I wish I could get one of those engineers alone for 5 minutes.
    I'm going to a service call right now. I'm 100% sure that it's the solenoid. IDK WTH these techs were talking about the ITB. Its always that damn stupid solenoid.

    At least on the older machines like the 4200 series, they were easy to get to. BUT THIS MOTHER is DEEP inside the machine.

    I too wish that I, and every contractor and tech in my company could just have 5 minutes alone... with that engineer who said "HEY! Lets put a sponge in there"... 5 minutes.. just 5 minutes...


  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    tyler, texas
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: cp3525 with 59.f0 error

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
    So HP designed this printer knowing about those solenoids and put them in that drive mechanism? Not cool!
    Actually I work on Most brands of printers copiers and Fax Machines and find in most that the Adhesive spongy material use to Dampen the noise of the clicks and assist in breaking the Magnetic field so hook can return. I have seen these fail in most applications and end up Removing the Damper pad completely (causes Clicking noise) or Finding a material to help in repeling the hook and dampening the noise slightly . Some times just a Piece of paper folded up and taped in place so as not to cause any sticking.
    These pads are known to cause frequent Jams as well in the Duplex units , MP trays and Regular trays. You might get a pass of an additional sheet , Typically blank because there was no job when the page was fed because the Hook did not grab the Cam Stop..
    All the manufactures have these solinoid issues. Some have found a longer lasting material.


  6. #16
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts JLSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: cp3525 with 59.f0 error

    Quote Originally Posted by bernielhat View Post
    Actually I work on Most brands of printers copiers and Fax Machines and find in most that the Adhesive spongy material use to Dampen the noise of the clicks and assist in breaking the Magnetic field so hook can return. I have seen these fail in most applications and end up Removing the Damper pad completely (causes Clicking noise) or Finding a material to help in repeling the hook and dampening the noise slightly . Some times just a Piece of paper folded up and taped in place so as not to cause any sticking.
    These pads are known to cause frequent Jams as well in the Duplex units , MP trays and Regular trays. You might get a pass of an additional sheet , Typically blank because there was no job when the page was fed because the Hook did not grab the Cam Stop..
    All the manufactures have these solinoid issues. Some have found a longer lasting material.
    Paper is not enough to stop clicking. We replace the sponge with a nice velvet material. Works beautifully. Lasts forever.


  7. #17
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North Bend
    Posts
    1,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: cp3525 with 59.f0 error

    IMO, by the time a machine is old enough for those sponges to be a problem, it's old enough to make a little noise. I don't use any padding. I've never heard a complaint about solenoid noise.


  8. #18
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    728
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: cp3525 with 59.f0 error

    Quote Originally Posted by bernielhat View Post
    I am adding three photos of the solinoid type that is under the plate above. I found the solinoid was sticking in the release position and causing the flag to move when it should have homed. The resolution was to clean the old Foam pad off. as you can see in the photos.Attachment 27491Attachment 27492Attachment 27493
    The sticking solinoids effect most printers and cleaning the pads off will resolve most of those errors that seem to make no sense. My thanks to all posts on this subject, helped me to figure this out.
    When you clean the foam pad off .. i recommend putting some black electrical tape in it's place. This will cut down on the plate becoming magnetized .. therefore reducing problems in the future. it takes just a min or two to do this... everyone should have tape in their bag.


  9. #19
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North Bend
    Posts
    1,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: cp3525 with 59.f0 error

    If you bend the curved metal piece up just a little (enough to put another mm of space between the magnet and the plate) the plate will never get magnetized. Plus, you won't ever have loose pieces of tape or anything else floating through the machine. Oh well, each tech does it different. One of the techs here (it's in another thread) uses a piece of inner-tube. I can't remember who. I prefer to use nothing. I haven't been called back on a single one since I started doing it this way (7 years ago).


  10. #20
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    728
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: cp3525 with 59.f0 error

    Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    If you bend the curved metal piece up just a little (enough to put another mm of space between the magnet and the plate) the plate will never get magnetized. Plus, you won't ever have loose pieces of tape or anything else floating through the machine. Oh well, each tech does it different. One of the techs here (it's in another thread) uses a piece of inner-tube. I can't remember who. I prefer to use nothing. I haven't been called back on a single one since I started doing it this way (7 years ago).
    well I have been doing this 28years and I too have never had a 'call back' on fixes like this. NEVER reform metal UNLESS you have bent it.
    As a service manager in a past life.. i have had a few techs ( because of laziness ) not return all the screws to their proper holes or leave them out all together... A design engineer who makes 100+K a year designed it that way... techs (15+/hr ) shouldn't be thinking they know better.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here