Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: cp3525 with 59.f0 error

I think we've established that the designers are nit-wits. In fact, that's what this discussion is about.

I didn't say I've been a tech for 7 years--just that I've been bending the metal for 7 years.

I'm allowing that each tech has their own ways. What I wouldn't allow, is that your way is better. Some techs go by the book, some get it done. And some become managers.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Phil B.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    I think we've established that the designers are nit-wits. In fact, that's what this discussion is about.

I didn't say I've been a tech for 7 years--just that I've been bending the metal for 7 years.

I'm allowing that each tech has their own ways. What I wouldn't allow, is that your way is better. Some techs go by the book, some get it done. And some become managers.
    I have gone by the book..used my brain to GET it done and Have become a manager and started/ran two tech companies of my own. Now I just do it for fun...
    hell I have FORGOTTEN more over the years, than most LEARN...

Oki - HP - Canon - Xerox - Samsung - Epson - FP - Keyro/Mita Warranty Certified

Post Thanks / Like

Because those certs mean everything.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got one of these in. Told them that error was the "dispose of me" error.

Seriously, I explained what would be involved in resolving this code. Waiting to hear back.

I've done my time on this before. If they don't REALLY love the printer, it's time to replace it.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not that bad of a job if you can take it to the shop. But IMO it's pretty nasty in the field. I've done it twice in the field.

Post Thanks / Like

Look, forget about removing sponge pad and not replacing it, REPLACE THE PAD... You have the printer area disassembled so why not complete the job properly. One can purchase the material that will work for this solenoid at Staples, Home Depot etc. just look for shipping and mailing items/materials.

Post Thanks / Like

Because if you replace it with another 'proper' pad, the problem will just come back in a couple of years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GARZA View Post
    Look, forget about removing sponge pad and not replacing it, REPLACE THE PAD... You have the printer area disassembled so why not complete the job properly. One can purchase the material that will work for this solenoid at Staples, Home Depot etc. just look for shipping and mailing items/materials.
    the pad will fall apart again after time.... the other fixes have ALWAYS worked with no recall. Been doing this shit for 28years ... have picked up neat tips/tricks throughout my time.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Post Thanks / Like

In all fairness, GARZA didn't elaborate on what he/she uses. Only to not be lazy and replace the pad.

I use these

Cut 'um to fit. Remove one side that sticks to the solenoid and leave the other side on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    In all fairness, GARZA didn't elaborate on what he/she uses. Only to not be lazy and replace the pad.

I use these

Cut 'um to fit. Remove one side that sticks to the solenoid and leave the other side on.
    i have been using electrical tape for decades.. the foam pads can deteriorate in time due to ozone/heat/use. Tape will not.