Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    skywalker0074

Re: cp3525 with 59.f0 error

Hello,

I have also an error 59.F0 and have fix it with cleaning the Solenoid!

Many thx!!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

So HP designed this printer knowing about those solenoids and put them in that drive mechanism? Not cool!
    Izzy

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

You think that was not cool--wait till you have to take one out. I swear, I wish I could get one of those engineers alone for 5 minutes.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    You think that was not cool--wait till you have to take one out. I swear, I wish I could get one of those engineers alone for 5 minutes.
    I'm going to a service call right now. I'm 100% sure that it's the solenoid. IDK WTH these techs were talking about the ITB. Its always that damn stupid solenoid.

At least on the older machines like the 4200 series, they were easy to get to. BUT THIS MOTHER is DEEP inside the machine.

I too wish that I, and every contractor and tech in my company could just have 5 minutes alone... with that engineer who said "HEY! Lets put a sponge in there"... 5 minutes.. just 5 minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
    So HP designed this printer knowing about those solenoids and put them in that drive mechanism? Not cool!
    Actually I work on Most brands of printers copiers and Fax Machines and find in most that the Adhesive spongy material use to Dampen the noise of the clicks and assist in breaking the Magnetic field so hook can return. I have seen these fail in most applications and end up Removing the Damper pad completely (causes Clicking noise) or Finding a material to help in repeling the hook and dampening the noise slightly . Some times just a Piece of paper folded up and taped in place so as not to cause any sticking.
    These pads are known to cause frequent Jams as well in the Duplex units , MP trays and Regular trays. You might get a pass of an additional sheet , Typically blank because there was no job when the page was fed because the Hook did not grab the Cam Stop..
    All the manufactures have these solinoid issues. Some have found a longer lasting material.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bernielhat View Post
    Actually I work on Most brands of printers copiers and Fax Machines and find in most that the Adhesive spongy material use to Dampen the noise of the clicks and assist in breaking the Magnetic field so hook can return. I have seen these fail in most applications and end up Removing the Damper pad completely (causes Clicking noise) or Finding a material to help in repeling the hook and dampening the noise slightly . Some times just a Piece of paper folded up and taped in place so as not to cause any sticking.
    These pads are known to cause frequent Jams as well in the Duplex units , MP trays and Regular trays. You might get a pass of an additional sheet , Typically blank because there was no job when the page was fed because the Hook did not grab the Cam Stop..
    All the manufactures have these solinoid issues. Some have found a longer lasting material.
    Paper is not enough to stop clicking. We replace the sponge with a nice velvet material. Works beautifully. Lasts forever.

IMO, by the time a machine is old enough for those sponges to be a problem, it's old enough to make a little noise. I don't use any padding. I've never heard a complaint about solenoid noise.

If you bend the curved metal piece up just a little (enough to put another mm of space between the magnet and the plate) the plate will never get magnetized. Plus, you won't ever have loose pieces of tape or anything else floating through the machine. Oh well, each tech does it different. One of the techs here (it's in another thread) uses a piece of inner-tube. I can't remember who. I prefer to use nothing. I haven't been called back on a single one since I started doing it this way (7 years ago).

I think we've established that the designers are nit-wits. In fact, that's what this discussion is about.

I didn't say I've been a tech for 7 years--just that I've been bending the metal for 7 years.

I'm allowing that each tech has their own ways. What I wouldn't allow, is that your way is better. Some techs go by the book, some get it done. And some become managers.

Because those certs mean everything.