Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    cp3525 with 59.f0 error

Re: cp3525 with 59.f0 error

Just got one of these in. Told them that error was the "dispose of me" error.

Seriously, I explained what would be involved in resolving this code. Waiting to hear back.

I've done my time on this before. If they don't REALLY love the printer, it's time to replace it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

It's not that bad of a job if you can take it to the shop. But IMO it's pretty nasty in the field. I've done it twice in the field.

Look, forget about removing sponge pad and not replacing it, REPLACE THE PAD... You have the printer area disassembled so why not complete the job properly. One can purchase the material that will work for this solenoid at Staples, Home Depot etc. just look for shipping and mailing items/materials.

Because if you replace it with another 'proper' pad, the problem will just come back in a couple of years.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    cp3525 with 59.f0 error

In all fairness, GARZA didn't elaborate on what he/she uses. Only to not be lazy and replace the pad.

I use these

Cut 'um to fit. Remove one side that sticks to the solenoid and leave the other side on.

Is there a picture of the fuser drive assembly that shows how it should be properly alligned before installing it back to the printer, because after doing all the suggested things in this post (take pad off, and all the tests) my grinding and clicking noise remains. The pic in the service manual is quite blurry, and i would like to try to allign that damn thing once more correctly before ordering a new one

I don't believe the fuser drive assembly needs to be aligned. There is one gear in there that is notched, and you have to make sure that is right, but otherwise, you just put it in. Here's a link to the gear I'm talking : HP CP3525 - 59.F0 . But this would be real obvious. If you're getting clicking and grinding, you probably put something else in wrong.

The developer drive has to be aligned. There are some gears that have to be turned, but the manual shows how and it's not uncomplicated.

Yes i alligned the cams and installed back the motor without any problems (the only hickup was that i could not turn the shaft so i turned the cams by hand). Visually there isn't anyhting wrong with the fuser drive assembly (notch in the right place), so i can't determine if it is still problematic, (the foam seemed to be sticky and i removed that), the only indication is when i try the ITB contact alienation motor component test, the test doesn't take more than half a second basically it starts and stops without anything moving in the printer. When the printer starts and i get the error just when calibrating begins, i tried to listen from where the sound comes from and i think is in the fuser drive assembly area, but still can't be sure if that's the faulty part. Thanks for your post.

You're still getting the 59.f0 error?

You can't just remove that sponge. You have to either put another piece of padding in there (black tape, bicycle inner tube, whatever) or bend the metal piece out so that the metal plate doesn't come in such close contact with the magnet.

Either way, it's not like that solenoid is easy to get to. I imagine you had to kind of dismantle the gear assembly a little in order to get to it. I would question whether it was put together correctly. I know I looked at that mess and quickly decided to order a refurb one instead of messing with those gears.

I didn't add another sponge or tape, or bent it and the magnet comes in contact with the metal now, so maybe i corrected the problem by removing the sticky foam but i created another one by not adding something else in its' place. Thanks a lot for your input, i'll give another go and see what happens