Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    cp3525 with 59.f0 error

Re: cp3525 with 59.f0 error

Your issue is most likely caused by wrong an-aligned the ribbon cables as shown in the attachment

Ummmmmm, yeah, NO!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kay-manie View Post
    Your issue is most likely caused by wrong an-aligned the ribbon cables as shown in the attachment

Attachment 42674

Kay-manie
    Not at all. It's almost ALWAYS that stupid solenoid.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

True, error 59.f0 is definately the solenoid actuator switch.
    But csplinter says he sorted that out. then got error 52.00 (scanner issue), which I suggest to check how he plugs those ribbon cables into the DC Controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    Ummmmmm, yeah, NO!
    User 'csplinter' says he sorted the error 59.f0 out. then got error 52.00 (scanner issue), which I suggest to check how he plugs those ribbon cables into the DC Controller.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    Just finished my ninth fuser drive assembly over the last three years. At the point now where the manual isn't needed. Attached are pictures of the solenoid from the failed drive assembly. The pad doesn't look squashed, there's no sticky residue. Maybe just a failed solenoid mechanically?

Attachment 40196Attachment 40197Attachment 40198Attachment 40199
    I've seen this twice, and am left scratching my head. Did you replace the whole assembly or just the solenoid. I wonder if there's another gear in there out of place or something. I had always replaced the assembly in the past, but was getting ready to just start replacing the solenoid. I wonder if that's a mistake. The first time I had to replace this assembly, it had nothing to do with the solenoid. There's a post somewhere on here describing it, but I don't know where. Here's where I described it on my own website:

HP CP3525 - 59.F0

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    cp3525 with 59.f0 error

I replaced the whole assembly.

Here's another head scratcher. Had a 59.F0 on a 4525. Removed the ITB and carts and manually rotated the ITB drive coupler (that you can see on the fuser drive assembly) and the error went away and hasn't returned. Has been about two months. Go figure.

Can't seem to find the part number for Primary transfer roller disengagement solenoid.
    Can someone supply it?

Hello,

My Laserjet CP3525 displayed the 59.F0 error a few weeks back. After googling I found this thread and while not a professional printer tech, I gave it a go. As soon as I got the solenoid out, I knew it wasn't the problem. It did not stick when tested but I went ahead and removed the pad and applied a replacement. The good news is I got the printer back together. Bad news is I still have the error. Very clear grinding noise when the printer goes through initialization.

YouTube

Apologies for the poor video in the beginning, wanted to ensure the grinding noise was picked up by my phone. Any suggestions as to what the issue is? Transfer belt turns when I move the big gear and something inside does it's thing when I move the small white thing but unsure how to further test. Transfer belts aren't cheap enough to buy to see if that fixes the error.

I have about 12 toners for this printer so I was hoping to fix it. Printer has less than 25k total pages printed on it. Drive unit repair looks to be outside my skillset due to alignment and the recommendation to follow the service guide exactly which is something I do not have access to. I figured I'd post here and get an opinion before I recycle the printer.

Thanks.
    Last edited by nathanielh; 10-27-2019 at 01:59 AM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    cp3525 with 59.f0 error

Quote Originally Posted by nathanielh View Post
    Hello,

My Laserjet CP3525 displayed the 59.F0 error a few weeks back. After googling I found this thread and while not a professional printer tech, I gave it a go. As soon as I got the solenoid out, I knew it wasn't the problem. It did not stick when tested but I went ahead and removed the pad and applied a replacement. The good news is I got the printer back together. Bad news is I still have the error. Very clear grinding noise when the printer goes through initialization.

YouTube

Apologies for the poor video in the beginning, wanted to ensure the grinding noise was picked up by my phone. Any suggestions as to what the issue is? Transfer belt turns when I move the big gear and something inside does it's thing when I move the small white thing but unsure how to further test. Transfer belts aren't cheap enough to buy to see if that fixes the error.

I have about 12 toners for this printer so I was hoping to fix it. Printer has less than 25k total pages printed on it. Drive unit repair looks to be outside my skillset due to alignment and the recommendation to follow the service guide exactly which is something I do not have access to. I figured I'd post here and get an opinion before I recycle the printer.

Thanks.

yu really need to focus on the display for us.. make sure you turn off lights ( enough on display)

the thumping is from toners itb belt moving up n down during init

the gear grind/skip sounds like feed/fuser

how long since maintenance cycle performed?
    total pages on unit?
    Genuine OEM Supplies?
    have you messed with anything other than ITB?
    did you clean the plate and frame of solenoid ?

so many questions so little info

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    yu really need to focus on the display for us.. make sure you turn off lights ( enough on display)

the thumping is from toners itb belt moving up n down during init

the gear grind/skip sounds like feed/fuser

how long since maintenance cycle performed?
    total pages on unit?
    Genuine OEM Supplies?
    have you messed with anything other than ITB?
    did you clean the plate and frame of solenoid ?

so many questions so little info
    Thanks for your reply.

Here's a video of the display. It's hard to capture well but nothing notable outside the error. YouTube

The thumping sound always happened. It's the buzzing sound that is new if I recall. I didn't power cycle this often, it usually was left on in standby.
    Maintenance cycle? Never that I am aware of. I've had it a year.
    4k black, 18k color
    yes, genuine supplies that I have a stack of :/
    I took out cyan toner, and did the test earlier in the thread to see if the white gear turns. It does.
    I pulled the item above the ITB out and reseated it.
    Yes, I cleaned both the plate and frame of the solenoid.