Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

HP DJ 1050CM/1050C

IS there any way wherein i could do priming or purging on these model without the need for a setup heads?

Thank You

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: HP DJ 1050CM/1050C

No. Set up heads are cheap. Buy a set and do the job properly.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP DJ 1050CM/1050C

I've cheated and done it using a syringe, but the real question is.. why do you have air in the lines? (Assuming it's not a new tube assembly!)

The seals at the print heads dry-rot over time, and this allows air to enter the tubes when the printer is idle. Then when you print, the ink system is pressurized and this pushes the air into the printhead. The printhead will then run dry and it will destroy the nozzles that spit the ink onto the paper.

Many times you also get a leak if it's bad enough, but I've also seen the end user then replace the bad printhead, which comes with ink in it, and everything looks good. Until they do 2-4 prints, and then that printhead runs dry and is destroyed.. and now they just wasted another printhead.

Even if you were to remove the air, the problem will just happen again over time.

I've been buying all my tube assemblies from LPS Computer; they refurbish them and put better seals. I've never had a problem with them.. and they're very reasonably priced.

Kiran

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP DJ 1050CM/1050C

By the way, the part number for the 1050C setup printheads is C6071-60167

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Most of the time I have had to bleed air out of the lines, the machine had been sitting unused for a year or two. The military will shove them in storage when the break, wait a couple of years then call about getting it fixed. Only had 2 that needed new tubes. The last one I fixed, the printheads had expired in 2008.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Done it. Broke a used printhead, use its pin and a syringe.
    The supplier here in UAE wasnt able to produce the ordered part for 3weeks now so i resort to other options.

The printer wasn't used for a long time, that's why air packets start to occur. There is even 2 tubes wherein the ink few inches from the ink tank.