Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Updated CM4540 via Micrsft, all hell broken loose. Printing backwards, extra pages,..

I should've known better. Please don't flagellate me. I updated the CM4540 driver on our Windows Small Business Server via the weekly Microsoft updates. And, since it's the print server, all 25+ of us have had varying degrees of success and frustration ever since.

Two of the most vexing problems are:
    - Printing multi-page documents is printing backwards, with page 1 being on the bottom. I HAVE LOOKED **HARD** through all application (Acrobat, MS Word, etc.) settings, print dialogs, and print server-side settings.
    - An extra, blank page is being 'printed' (ejected) with each print job.

Has anyone else experienced this? If yes, were you able to find culprits/fixes?

Thanks!
    Last edited by BWB8771; 09-04-2014 at 03:27 PM.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Updated CM4540 via Micrsft, all hell broken loose. Printing backwards, extra page

I don't know how much this will help, but you might want to go to HP's website and download the latest firmware for your machine and see if that will help.
    If nothing else, updating the machine's firmware with what you find on HP's website should be very easy. At least that's what I've found when I've upgraded HP firmware.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: Updated CM4540 via Micrsft, all hell broken loose. Printing backwards, extra page

Is there an HP driver you can use instead of Window's?

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BWB8771 View Post
    - An extra, blank page is being 'printed' (ejected) with each print job.
    For this, look in the print driver or the machine's internal setup for an option called "Separator Pages". Not sure about this machine, but some machines will insert a blank page between jobs to make it easier to see where one job ended and the next one began, if the options are set up for that. Kind of a neat feature for high usage machines that are in a kind of remote area, but it sounds like that isn't the case where you are at.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Sound like top-to-bottom printing or top-to-bottom scanning function is default?
    Uninstall and reinstall your printer drivers. Delete any unused ports and devices.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••