New HP Design jet T7100 Error 24:10

Dear Fella'so

Hope you doing fine

I came across a brand new Machine actually belongs to a Military base so at first no outsider was allow to get in and their own technician tried to fat finger this new out a box Machine and messed it up.

I had a visit today and when turned it on 24:10 pops up on screen.

This is what service manual describes
    Cause: A broken bag has been detected in one of the Ink Cartridges
    Solution: Try the following.
    ● Press Down + Cancel to see which cartridges have a broken bag. Remove the affected cartridges,
    shake each one three times within 2 seconds through a distance of about 40 cm, and check
    whether the cartridge air tower is contaminated with ink. If at least one cartridge is contaminated,
    replace the Ink Supply Tubes and Trailing Cable Ink Supply Tubes and Trailing Cable
    on page 298.
    NOTE: If the Ink Supply Tubes are to be replaced, the Ink Cartridges need to be checked
    beforehand to see if they are capable of purging the new tubes. If they are not, new Ink
    Cartridges must also be sent with the parts to be replaced. To check the Ink Cartridges, see Check
    ink supplies on page 98.
    ● If no cartridge seems contaminated, follow the broken bag recovery procedure for more
    information Recover broken bag on page 101.

1: Do i need to do the Purging procedure with Setup Heads installed?

2:I have replaced few of Cartridges but no avail.

After removing the Left cover i see There isn't any ink in Air Tubes do i still need the Purge Process?

Is there another way to get rid of this?
    But but few of Ink tube have more or less Ink(like Dark/Gray ,Magenta and Yellow).

It's just complicated as hell can you please Guide me to the right direction..

Regards
    Last edited by fbkhan3; 09-18-2014 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Spelling

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: New HP Design jet T7100 Error 24:10

It looks like you have the service manual, and it's pretty specific on what to do when you get a broken bag condition.

You need to identify if one of the ink cartridges has broken inside; it will leak ink from the air port on the cartridge. (One port will always have ink, the other should never have any ink coming from it.) If none of the cartridges appear to be faulty, then you can probably just clear the 'broken bag' condition and continue. Turn the printer on using the control panel on/off switch (not the rear switch) while holding down up and OK. I think the option to recover from a broken bag error is the last option.

The ink is stored in the cartridge in a 'bag'. Air is pumped into the cartridge which compresses the bag and makes the ink come out under pressure. If this bag breaks, a sensor in the cartridge will tell the printer there is a leak, and you'll see ink coming from BOTH ports on the end of the cartridge.

Kiran

Thanks a ton kiran for making it easy for me.

Yes i do have the service Manual I just went through the service Menu and Broken bag recovery option and it's still asks for failing Dark-Gray Ink cartridge.I'll arrange another cartridge and see if that fix the issue.

I'm sure i don't need a new Ink Supply Station

I did not install the Print Heads yet and set up print heads are also out.
    Do i need to install them??

Regard's

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Did you go through the initial ink system setup? This is the first thing the printer does when powered on out of the box.

If not, you probably need to prime the tubes still. It's a service utility, and you need the setup printheads. The process is on page 111 of the manual (at least the one I have.)

Kiran

Thumbs up Re: New HP Design jet T7100 Error 24:10

Well X2...!
    I arranged a new Dark-Gray Cartridge installed it and did the Broken bag Recovery Procedure and that just fixed the issue

Highly Appreciated your help Kiran Otter...!

Thanks and Kind Regard's