Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

HP laserjet 1536 feeder jam displayed

Keep getting message "document feeder mispick" displayed whenever I try to scan or copy. Check feeder but cannot find the source. All gears seem in good condition.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: HP laserjet 1536 feeder jam displayed

I think they're replacing a lot of units on warranty because of this problem. I haven't seen the problem yet myself, but from looking at other posts, I have a feeling the adf is not sensing the END of a sheet of paper. So you would go through the sensor flags and look for problems.

BuddyMc

Is the feeder picking up more than 1 sheet of paper or is it not picking up any paper? That error can be caused by two different problems.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

This might be stupid (and if so, I'm sorry) but have you tried cleaning the rollers in the document feeder with soapy water? Just do the three closest to where you put the documents in. Depending on the type of documents you feed, the rollers might even need to be changed (those rollers will look smooth and shiny if that's the case). HP usually has a kit for that, and I've found that is pretty easy to fit in the machine if I follow the included instructions.
    Continuing on this line of thought (sorry), try lightly pinching the stack of documents between your index finger and your thumb. Then move your thumb around and see if only the document your thumb is touching moves around as well. If it does, the machine should be able to at least feed that one correctly. If not it is likely there will be problems that are not the machine's fault.
    Finally, while this is pretty unlikely, if you haven't turned the machine off and unplugged it you might try that. Especially if there have been energetic storms or nearby construction or something else that disturbed the local electrical grid. Those disturbances can cause the voltage being supplied by the socket the machine is plugged into to fluctuated enough that it is outside of what the machine can handle, which could cause the machine to operate in all manner of unexpected and disappointing ways. Turning the machine off properly and then unplugging it for a while is usually enough to reset the machine until the next disturbance.
    Once again, sorry. But I can't see your machine or what you're doing, so I had to check. It would unnecessarily waste your time to do otherwise.