Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

HP 4535 MFP with broken drum ground spring wire and damaged cover need part numbers

I have the manual the parts are not even listed unless I am blind. Any body know what the part numbers might be or if they can even be found anywhere?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: HP 4535 MFP with broken drum ground spring wire and damaged cover need part numbe

I see in the internal components there are a lot of parts shown but no numbers for them. If you can find the pic, you might ask your parts vendor about it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: HP 4535 MFP with broken drum ground spring wire and damaged cover need part numbe

Do you have picture of the parts you are after and a description of where it it located?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

For those of you who are not familiar with this part it is on the left hand side when you open the toner access cover. If you look on the toner/drum cartridge on the left hand side you will see that the drum has a grounding portion that protrudes out. As is on hp 4250's etc. Got to have a drum ground or you don't end up with a good print. But what I have found out is it almost looks like the HP 4250 even the cover it is behind. Now with that said, I also found some documentation on the HP4250 stating the part is not available due to they do not sell parts that involve splitting the case to replace. Although you don't need to split the case it is is still in that category they do not supply. So I guess the reason it is not available. I suppose it's time to make my own. I did monkey rig it to work as it broke at the point it is barely sticking out. I took the broken piece, made a small loop and placed it over the protruding broken piece and it is even spring loaded. You know the wire that holds the cover on toner cartridges that opens and closes the flap cover for the drum on say a HP 4250, the wire is almost the same size and flex. I have not tried yet but a person might heat it so it can be fashioned into a a coil and make your own. I hate to resort to that. This is a almost new HP4535, what a shame to toss because of a faulty toner cart. The cart got stuck and the customer forced it out. Nothing new there. So unless there is a third party unit for this spring wire contact, I think we have come to an end on this post unless you want to laugh or make comments. It's ok I can take it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

You could get second hand unit if the part is unavailable new or try a parts distributor that strips machines.

Technician

Most of the parts vendors are stripping machines. That's how they get refurb formatters, lasers etc. There are other companies I know of as well. If you can't find it pm or email me at judd@1stchoiceprinters.com and I'll point you in the right direction.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    I see in the internal components there are a lot of parts shown but no numbers for them.
    That's because a lot of times HP provides assemblies as parts rather than the parts they are made of. Best I can figure, the unnumbered parts breakdown is there in case you want to take one of the assemblies apart. Or at least that's where I found it useful.
    The upshot is that the only parts you can order from HP are the ones with part numbers listed in the parts section of the manual. And frequently you will need to order assemblies rather than the exact broken part.