500 MFP M525dn Touchscreen stays completely Black

Another one with strange issue with the printer in question. Sometimes when power on the
    printer, the touchscreen stays completely black and This seems to happen completely random. When the screen works, it
    will stay on until you restart the machine once again. Sometimes it can take hours, even days of restarting the machine to get the touchscreen working again. Sometimes we even have to unplug the machine for
    hours in order for the touchscreen to start working again. Printer works fine though and I have no clue where to start? firmware upgrade, Screen replacement or will it lead to board replacement? Looking forward for your kind help...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

Re: 500 MFP M525dn Touchscreen stays completely Black

Sound like a bad display. Is it on warranty? Start a case. If not you'll have to get one. If the display was blank I would say memory.
    Also yea I would take the formatter and connectors and removable memory ,HD and reseat everything first. But the way it comes on and off says to me its the display PWB.
    Izzy

Thumbs up Re: 500 MFP M525dn Touchscreen stays completely Black

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
    Sound like a bad display. Is it on warranty? Start a case. If not you'll have to get one. If the display was blank I would say memory.
    Also yea I would take the formatter and connectors and removable memory ,HD and reseat everything first. But the way it comes on and off says to me its the display PWB.
    Have replaced it with another working display from another 500 M575 and for the time being it seems like fixed... I'll keep it under observation for one or two days just to make sure. Thanks a billion Wild Bill

Thumbs up Re: 500 MFP M525dn Touchscreen stays completely Black

It was Display Issue, Replaced it with new one and it worked like charm.. M575 and M525 have identical display (Touch Screens).

Junior Member sacramentobuzzard's Avatar

Re: 500 MFP M525dn Touchscreen stays completely Black

Having the same issue. Luckily (almost unfortunately due to the frequency at this point), it’s happening consistently in front of me this visit. Installed firmware, replaced formatter, control panel cables, and control panel. Week later, same thing. Customer calls in saying the issue has reoccurred. Complete partial clean. Screen immediately goes black during boot. So I format the machine, download firmware again from usb drive and boot device. Same damn thing. Error in log after format is 98.03.12 and 98.03.13 (corrupt data). I’m out of ideas guys. I figure it’s a broken wire somewhere other than from the formatter to the control panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk