KRMEric

Question Ailgnment issues

Good day folks here is what I have as a issue for you today.......

Machine Info: Hp 4015 pc-400,00+ est HP4250 pc-1,900,000 est

Background: Customer reports image not lining up on paper. Visible difference of 5-10 mm from each side running across when looking at directly to the right side. (Sorry can not provide picture or scan due to privacy rights.)

What has been tested and eliminated: Swapped the following parts from known good one: Fuser, Toner, Trays and tires (both feed and cassette) also did a cold restart.

Current guess: Registration rollers

With all that being said is there any other part that should be check before I replace the reg. assembly?

Thanks In Advance

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Ailgnment issues

Quote Originally Posted by KRMEric View Post
    Good day folks here is what I have as a issue for you today.......

Machine Info: Hp 4015 pc-400,00+ est HP4250 pc-1,900,000 est

Background: Customer reports image not lining up on paper. Visible difference of 5-10 mm from each side running across when looking at directly to the right side. (Sorry can not provide picture or scan due to privacy rights.)

What has been tested and eliminated: Swapped the following parts from known good one: Fuser, Toner, Trays and tires (both feed and cassette) also did a cold restart.

Current guess: Registration rollers

With all that being said is there any other part that should be check before I replace the reg. assembly?

Thanks In Advance
    I had a Canon copier once that had an issue like that. The customer was using his Adobe drive instead of the Canon. It was as simple as going into the driver and selecting "Use native driver" which had it select the Canon driver.

KRMEric

Forgot to add this is occurring on 2 printers in a bank of 25 all running the same software and using a print server......IT has tried on their end....

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

Check the configuration page ...Is that in alignment?
    Where I work we use special software that should only be adjusted inside the software itself, could this be possible?
    Especially sense two different completely different printers are doing the same thing.
    Izzy

KRMEric

Yes the config page is misaligned as well. let me pose a counter question since the software is being used on more then just those machines wouldn't it be across all machines?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

yes, that's why I said that you have 2 doing it. Is it varying or does the registration stay put?
    If it varies then change the registration assembly and possibly Feed solenoids.

If it is not varying use the registration adjustment.Use the service guide and try adjusting Registration is all I can think
    P4015 in the Print Quality submenu
    SET REGISTRATION PRINT TEST PAGE
    SOURCE
    ADJUST TRAY [N]

Use this item to shift the margin alignment to center the
    image on the page from top to bottom, and left to right. You
    can also align the image that is printed on the front with the
    image that is printed on the back.
    Izzy