Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

hp 4250 error 49 235f

customer has a 4250 with 2 extra trays installed. their machine is having problems with tray 4 only. original complaint was jamming in all trays. running paper path test in diagnostics trays two and three ran perfect. i didn't test tray one because it is never used. tray four will run maybe ten sheets than i get a message saying wrong paper size. then 13.98.00, 13.02.00, 49 235f. i have the machine unplugged from the network and only the fourth tray does that. i tried changing trays, but it made no difference. i am a copier guy that works on anything in a office. i am fairly familiar with the 4250 although ive never seen this code. google says it has something to do with printing but like i wrote i unplugged it from the network. thanks in advanced.

KRMEric

Re: hp 4250 error 49 235f

p/m me your e-mail address I will send you the service manual....the 49.xxx is formater.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

13.02/13.98 = Paper Feed Solenoid. You can replace these but it takes awhile just replace the whole assembly if not.

49.xxxx errors = upgrade firmware , possible driver, cable or corrupt print job or program
    Izzy

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    hp 4250 error 49 235f

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
    13.02/13.98 = Paper Feed Solenoid. You can replace these but it takes awhile just replace the whole assembly if not.

49.xxxx errors = upgrade firmware , possible driver, cable or corrupt print job or program
    Also to mention that FW update after 49.xxxx errors can brick the Formatter.
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    hp 4250 error 49 235f

49 errors are communication errors from the pc to printer via network or usb. I've never seen one "brick the formatter", but I will admit in the 18 years I've been doing this, I still don't know everything.

To effectively clear 49 errors, the print queue must be cleared. It is also a good idea to perform a cold reset on the printer. Be clear, this will erase some user settings so it would be good to write these down.

Once you get that clear, update firmware and drivers.
    Make sure your connections to the PC are good from either end. A loose connection or broken clip on the network cable is all that is needed for signals to be interrupted.
    Almost 95% of these errors were resolved by one or more steps above. I think only 1 time I had to replace the formatter, but then there were 68, 55, and 79 errors in the event log.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    The other errors are pick-up related. Check sensor arms, make sure rollers are good, check pick-up solenoid function. (remove right cover, put top cover back on and watch it pick up paper). Perform these tests without the printer attached to the PC, from the control panel. In some cases I've had to replace roller shaft bushings, p/u drives and even the lift motor (although usually you will see 60 errors for that).
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

[QUOTE=Wild Bill;441352]13.02/13.98 = Paper Feed Solenoid. You can replace these but it takes awhile just replace the whole assembly if not.

We replace the rubber bumper pad on solenoid. Normally the pad falls of and the glue makes it stick.

Craig
    Refurbished laser printers - Laser printer parts - Laser printer repair - PrinterStop.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

it ended up being the cassette, we are replacing the entire cassette. i changed tray three with tray four. the new tray four worked perfect the old tray four gave the same error.