Senior Tech 100+ Posts

HP 9040MFP ADDRESS BOOK

I have exactly one HP9040mfp in the field. About two weeks ago the customer got a new server. About 3 days ago they thought that their address book was not coming up.I went out to look at it and discovered that when you access the address book i, their is about a 30 t0 40 second delay before it shows up. In other words when you push the icon for address book the display is blank for a good 30 seconds also if you scroll down to the next page their is another pause until it shows up. If you pull up the web page it takes about 7 seconds for the address book to appear on the web page itself. thanks in advance. There are roughly 25 email addresses.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: HP 9040MFP ADDRESS BOOK

I haven't seen this problem (yet), but based in the information you shared I need to ask - has there been any storms or nearby construction that may have disturbed the power being supplied by the outlet the machine is plugged into recently?
    If so, here's a general purpose suggestion you may wish to consider:
    If you haven't already tried this, turn the machine off and unplug it for a while (I usually clean the platen glass and the operator panel's display while the machine is unplugged). Then plug the machine in and turn it on and see what happens.
    Another thing you might try is downloading the latest firmware from HP and installing it. Especially if the new server has a different or newer operating system than the old server did. Make sure to read the entire "Read Me" file first if one is included with the firmware. The "Read Me" file might not be the most exciting thing you've ever read, but there is always important information in it.
    Hope that helps, and sorry if it is a waste of time.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    I haven't seen this problem (yet), but based in the information you shared I need to ask - has there been any storms or nearby construction that may have disturbed the power being supplied by the outlet the machine is plugged into recently?
    If so, here's a general purpose suggestion you may wish to consider:
    If you haven't already tried this, turn the machine off and unplug it for a while (I usually clean the platen glass and the operator panel's display while the machine is unplugged). Then plug the machine in and turn it on and see what happens.
    Another thing you might try is downloading the latest firmware from HP and installing it. Especially if the new server has a different or newer operating system than the old server did. Make sure to read the entire "Read Me" file first if one is included with the firmware. The "Read Me" file might not be the most exciting thing you've ever read, but there is always important information in it.
    Hope that helps, and sorry if it is a waste of time.
    Thank you I have not tried unpluging it , I have tried rebooting. I very much appreciate new ideas and never consider them a waste of time.

Thanks!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    HP 9040MFP ADDRESS BOOK

Quote Originally Posted by lenovos View Post
    I have exactly one HP9040mfp in the field. About two weeks ago the customer got a new server. About 3 days ago they thought that their address book was not coming up.I went out to look at it and discovered that when you access the address book i, their is about a 30 t0 40 second delay before it shows up. In other words when you push the icon for address book the display is blank for a good 30 seconds also if you scroll down to the next page their is another pause until it shows up. If you pull up the web page it takes about 7 seconds for the address book to appear on the web page itself. thanks in advance. There are roughly 25 email addresses.
    is customer address book setup using LDAP. check the ldap settings in the web page of copier. disconnect copier from network, access address book does it come up faster(network issue and probably not using ldap). if no address book shows up, probably using ldap , have IT check ldap/active directory setup on server. checked hp support (CSN) and nothing on slow address book. check/update firmware to latest. Its' been awhile since working on these but sounds familiar, can't remember if it was network/ldap issue or firmware/hdd. but the key seems to be your customer changed server and problem started.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks everyone for your help. Problem turned out to be that printer was directed to wrong server. When customers new server was installed they apparently missed a step.

I want to let everyone know that I very much appreciate this forum. All of you are a big help and thanks for taking a few minutes to read the posts.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Thanks for posting the results.