Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    hp DJ 5000 error B0008 and other problems

Re: hp DJ 5000 error B0008 and other problems

Because it's a poorly written part of the service manual.

Are both fans at the power supply coming on? If they are, and you're getting a B0008, then either a fan's tach is bad, or the power supply is bad.

B0008 shouldn't have anything to do with the other fans or the main PCA.

Kiran

Service Manager 250+ Posts landspeeder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiran Otter View Post
    Because it's a poorly written part of the service manual.

Are both fans at the power supply coming on? If they are, and you're getting a B0008, then either a fan's tach is bad, or the power supply is bad.

B0008 shouldn't have anything to do with the other fans or the main PCA.

Kiran
    So I went on site today and found one of the fans in the power supply to be seized..put some oil on the bushing and away it went..no more b0008 thankyou!!!!!! So I am going to change that one as its a bit noisy. But back to the printheads wanting to be reseated...they are the odd ones 1, 3, and 5 even...2, 4, and 6 are ok....its got a new trailing cable soooo would you think the board in the carriage is bad...???
    You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.... and
    if this was an easy thing to do then everybody would be doing it! But it isn't and they are not!!

I would replace both fans. They come as a pair from HP for $82, or you can try to find an equivalent. There's a pair on ebay at the moment for $35.

I would replace the 3 printheads first. What's the date on them? You could try just replacing 1 of the 3 bad heads, see if it accepts it. If it does, get the other two. Check ebay; you can often find expired heads for a lot less than new ones. Make sure you get the proper type, dye or UV.

Does it accept 1 3 or 5 with the other printheads removed?

If new print heads doesn't resolve it, then I would consider replacing the carriage assembly. You won't find one at HP since the product is EOL. There is one on ebay for $725. (There's one from England for $256.) Make sure you get one from a 5000. p/n C6090-60029 The PCA in the carriage was never an individual part, unfortunately.

You might want to discuss if it makes sense to continue to repair it with the owner. Considering you can buy a whole 5000 for around $500-800, it sometimes doesn't pay to spend $700+ on a carriage and labor.

Kiran

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Any time I have had that, changing the heads is what it took.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

I would replace both fans. They come as a pair from HP for $82, or you can try to find an equivalent. There's a pair on ebay at the moment for $35.

I would replace the 3 printheads first. What's the date on them? You could try just replacing 1 of the 3 bad heads, see if it accepts it. If it does, get the other two. Check ebay; you can often find expired heads for a lot less than new ones. Make sure you get the proper type, dye or UV.

Does it accept 1 3 or 5 with the other printheads removed?

If new print heads doesn't resolve it, then I would consider replacing the carriage assembly. You won't find one at HP since the product is EOL. There is one on ebay for $725. (There's one from England for $256.) Make sure you get one from a 5000. p/n C6090-60029 The PCA in the carriage was never an individual part, unfortunately.

You might want to discuss if it makes sense to continue to repair it with the owner. Considering you can buy a whole 5000 for around $500-800, it sometimes doesn't pay to spend $700+ on a carriage and labor.

Kiran
    They say they tried with new printheads with no luck...gave same error...now to get a carriage...its a school by the way so they are not allowed to buy a printer but can spend more than one would cost on repairs... also is the part# , P/N: C6090-60090 alright?
    Thanks again....
    You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.... and
    if this was an easy thing to do then everybody would be doing it! But it isn't and they are not!!

I see another carriage on ebay for $110. http://tinyurl.com/mg9obmu

If it's a 5500 carriage, you'll need to swap the line sensor with the old carriage; I believe that's the only difference between them.

Kiran

Also, if there's one thing I've learned, it's never trust what the end user claims to have tried to remedy a problem.

I'd bet money on it being one or more faulty print heads. Having to replace the carriage assembly is/was extremely rare.

Kiran

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Also, if there's one thing I've learned, it's never trust what the end user claims to have tried to remedy a problem.

I'd bet money on it being one or more faulty print heads. Having to replace the carriage assembly is/was extremely rare.

Kiran

That's what I was thinking, I have never had a bad carriage. Pull the heads and check the date on them, and always take what the user says with a grain of salt.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    That's what I was thinking, I have never had a bad carriage. Pull the heads and check the date on them, and always take what the user says with a grain of salt.
    But...but.....too have p/heads 1, 3, 5 saying there not seated and 2,4,6 being ok.......isnt that like winning a lottery.... can that because of the head locations point towards a board?
    Also it did have a bad trailing cable....
    Last edited by landspeeder; 11-25-2014 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by landspeeder View Post
    But...but.........isnt that like winning a lottery....
    It's likely just a coincidence.

Again, I would try inserting each print head by itself, and see what it says. If you put in the yellow and it says OK, but then put the black in and the yellow says reseat, then one of the two is defective.. likely the black. If they won't spring for new print heads, then I would stop there and say there's nothing else you can do.

Kiran