Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 250+ Posts landspeeder's Avatar

Re: hp DJ 5000 error B0008 and other problems

So the customer had me get a carriadge and replace it...did it make any difference...nope...So maybe they are finally going to get some or at least one printhead to see what happins. They are still trying to tell me they have changed them twice....hmmmm
    Which printhead does error 5306, 5506 indicate?
    You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.... and
    if this was an easy thing to do then everybody would be doing it! But it isn't and they are not!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    hp DJ 5000 error B0008 and other problems

HP Support document - HP Support Center has the breakdown on the error codes.

5306 would be "reseat yellow, there's a problem with the smart chip"; likely a bad print head.

Kiran

Service Manager 250+ Posts landspeeder's Avatar

So its finally working...so it was the print heads!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isnt that what you guys were telling me all along!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sent the client a link to a forum about the issues with printheads that call for reseating and about changing them all. Finally he ordered them all...we changed them all at once and it worked........................

So it did have a bad cooling fan in the power suppply...that was one error code....had a torn trailing cable from a paper jam they unjammed.....I also had to replace the carriage because at that point they couldn't/didn't believe the printheads could all be bad...now all that is left is a hard drive that fails every now and then..but there leaving that till it dies!!

Thanks all for the help and Happy New Year!!
    You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.... and
    if this was an easy thing to do then everybody would be doing it! But it isn't and they are not!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    hp DJ 5000 error B0008 and other problems

Quote Originally Posted by landspeeder View Post
    So its finally working...so it was the print heads!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isnt that what you guys were telling me all along!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I hate to say we told you so...

Glad you got it working though.

Kiran