Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: HP CP 6015x error code 49.ff95

I found another-CP6015xh the only problem is the place I bought it from requires the hdd removed. Can I clear memory from HDD in lieu of having it removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Juddinga View Post
    Usually you can disable the embedded jetdirect on most HPs. It's the same procedure as a cold reset, except you choose disable internal jetdirect.

Not sure on the 6015, but this is true for most HPs

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmart77 View Post
    I found another-CP6015xh the only problem is the place I bought it from requires the hdd removed. Can I clear memory from HDD in lieu of having it removed?
    You might try checking HP's website for "HP Web Jetadmin". It looks like that could work, but ultimately it is up to the seller of the machine to say so.

Technician

We use webjet to do firmware upgrades in batches. Not sure you can wipe a drive with it. It's also a pain to download as you have to register, etc.

Most models have some type of option to format a drive.

Most likely your vendor has an agreement that mandates they destroy all the drives in machines or possibly degauss them. They usually can't be bothered with learning how to wipe printer drives using internal commands.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

I think I've read that the newer versions of Web Jetadmin will wipe the printer's hard drive. Although I seem to remember that they call it "Sanitizing" or something like that now.
    I don't remember where I read it though, so that could be a bunch of baloney.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    HP CP 6015x error code 49.ff95

Below is from cp 6015 service manual. On the non mfp models there is nothing stored on hdd permanently. unless they do a print and hold. there are secure disk erase settings in web jet admin but it looks like the hdd has to be a newer hp secure disk drive. for future reference usually 49.ffxx errors have been hdd failures on older model hp devices.

A hard disk initialization will erase and reformat the product's hard disk. Perform hard disk initialization
    only if an error code displays on the control panel indicating a disk error. Always try initializing the hard
    disk before replacing it.
    1. Turn the product on.
    2. As the product performs its power-on sequence, press and hold the Menu button until all three
    lights on the control panel are lit.
    3. Press the back arrow . The message INITIALIZE DISC displays on the control panel.
    4. Press the down arrow . The product initializes the hard disk and continues its power-on sequence