Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

HP color laserjet 9500 color registration

Hello, clearly I can see the black shifted in the feed direction from all the other colors and when I went through the troubleshooting and printed out the laser adjustment page and it show the gray band is outside of the zero range and adjustment is required! when I performed a band print out it showed the black off a few mm from all the others, why on this test chart is the gray band out of spec in the cyan section? If I need to add shims where do I get the shims? Scan.pdfScan1.pdfScan2.pdf

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: HP color laserjet 9500 color registration

These may sound like dumb questions, but we have no way of knowing whether or not you tried it:

1.) Did you perform the CPR calibration 3 times from the Print Quality menu?
    2.) Did you replace the ImageTransfer Belt and perform CPR calibrations 3 times from the Print Quality menu?

I would only replace the laser scanners after I tried 1 and 2.

As for the shims, the service manual mentions that these are not available to order, but come with the new OEM laser scanners, which I believe is the only time you should need them.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

I would also try doing a nvram initialization and then running calibration.

Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    These may sound like dumb questions, but we have no way of knowing whether or not you tried it:

1.) Did you perform the CPR calibration 3 times from the Print Quality menu?
    2.) Did you replace the ImageTransfer Belt and perform CPR calibrations 3 times from the Print Quality menu?

I would only replace the laser scanners after I tried 1 and 2.

That's looking like the next step for me if this machine won't cooperate consistently. Client is considering replacing the equipment with something (non-HP) better. I believe I shall encourage this.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Using Genuine supplies?

Like prntrfxr said.....possible transfer belt. I've come across this exact problem on several 4700's. The colors are just slightly outside of the boxes on the image quality prints. Replace the belt and everything is fine.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emtdavis View Post
    That's looking like the next step for me if this machine won't cooperate consistently. Client is considering replacing the equipment with something (non-HP) better. I believe I shall encourage this.
    Hmm something Better? That's a ten year old printer. Make sense when thou speaketh.
    Izzy