Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: 4700 60.02 code, need second opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by 20 year tech View Post
    Try removing the back cover and look to see if the rear cross bar of the frame is not bent in. If it is bent it keeps the tray from fully closing. good luck

Was looking at it through the tray opening, but I have new glasses and everything looks bent.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Well I went back and took a second look. Removed the tray and checked the cross bar in the rear. Put a straight edge on i, top and bottom, seemed straight. With no other ideas to try, I removed the covers and looked at it again and sure enough it was slightly bent in, to the front just enough to hold the tray out a hair. Hammered it back and works great. Thanks for the tip, I commented in your rep, thanks again.

I forgot my number one rule when working on base which is to remember who I am working for. The printer was most likely kicked. These guys could mess up a block of steel with a rubber hammer.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

One thing I've ran into on the 4700's is if the table is too small, the printer won't sit properly and apply pressure to the tray, preventing proper lift.
    Is the table bigger than the printer or just a little too small? If the table is bigger than the printer and all feet are on the table, is the table warped?
    Maybe try testing it on the floor?

Quote Originally Posted by MBT View Post
    One thing I've ran into on the 4700's is if the table is too small, the printer won't sit properly and apply pressure to the tray, preventing proper lift.
    Is the table bigger than the printer or just a little too small? If the table is bigger than the printer and all feet are on the table, is the table warped?
    Maybe try testing it on the floor?

Thanks for the reply, but you didn't read my last post. It was fixed 2 weeks ago.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Thanks for the reply, but you didn't read my last post. It was fixed 2 weeks ago.
    This is what I get for reading in a hurry. My apologies and I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    4700 60.02 code, need second opinion.

I may have missed something when scanning the previous posts, but you're saying the problem only occurs when printing from tray 1? Did you replace tray 2? It is the part that is doing the actual feeding and the paper enters from the front instead of the rear. There may be something broken in the front part that prevents lift.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    I may have missed something when scanning the previous posts, but you're saying the problem only occurs when printing from tray 1? Did you replace tray 2? It is the part that is doing the actual feeding and the paper enters from the front instead of the rear. There may be something broken in the front part that prevents lift.

Thanks for responding. The problem was that the metal brace behind tray 2 was bent in just enough to keep the tray from fully engaging the lift motor. I suspect someone kicked it when moving it. It was probably off by a couple of mm's.

Am in a site where they have 100 hp 4700 and this problem you had saved my life thanks