Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

4700 60.02 code, need second opinion.

After they moved the printer to a new building they got the code. I found it sitting on a cheap table in the hall and set it on teh solid floor. I happened to have a 4700 I had picked up from another customer, so I swapped the tray and when that didn't work I swapped the lift motor knowing that the one I was taking off another customers machine was fairly new, I had replaced it a few months ago. That also didn't work. When the tray try's to lift, the knocking noise begins and lifting up on the tray or shimming under ir with about 10 or 12 sheets of paper folded in half makes it stop. At this point all I can think to try is to strengthen the spring pulling the motor to the tray. Any thoughts?
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    4700 60.02 code, need second opinion.

Re: 4700 60.02 code, need second opinion.

Maybe it's nothing, but on a LJ4350 I came across a tray that would not lift. It did not give a lift error, but I don't think a 4350 can give a lift error. About every other time, the tray would lift properly. The other times it never attempted to lift.

While I was trying to diagnose the issue, this machine shut down completely by itself. If I left it off for 45 minutes we could start the whole thing again.

My LJ4350 was losing it's 24vdc, because of a power supply failure. The only symptom was tray #2 not lifting. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

remove tray2 and power up. go to diagnostic mode and run feed test from tray 1 or just do a copy to pull from tray1. make sure tray1 paper size is set correctly.
    I don't remember if tray2 must be install before the machine can print, but check anyway. if it prints from tray1, then you can eliminate quite a few things and concentrate on the tray2 area.
    what i suspect, is tray 2 motor assy lift gear is not making full engagement with the tray lift gear and it is skipping tooths when trying to lift. maybe something was bent in the move.

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    remove tray2 and power up. go to diagnostic mode and run feed test from tray 1 or just do a copy to pull from tray1. make sure tray1 paper size is set correctly.
    I don't remember if tray2 must be install before the machine can print, but check anyway. if it prints from tray1, then you can eliminate quite a few things and concentrate on the tray2 area.
    what i suspect, is tray 2 motor assy lift gear is not making full engagement with the tray lift gear and it is skipping tooths when trying to lift. maybe something was bent in the move.

You may be thinking of another machine. On a 4700, tray 1 uses tray 2. Machine will not work without the tray installed. I think I will just double up on the springs and see what happens.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    You may be thinking of another machine. On a 4700, tray 1 uses tray 2. Machine will not work without the tray installed. I think I will just double up on the springs and see what happens.
    I just had a look at the service manual and you are right. well, its been a while since i worked on those, so i was not quite sure how the configuration was.i was thinking of the mfp CLJ4730.. . But i still think if the machine was working before he move, then either the rails on the machine is broken or something is preventing the tray from sitting properly and therefore the both gears not engaging properly

let us know the results then, we will learn from this fix.

Well, putting two springs on it didn't work. Also, it being Monday, I wound up snapping one of the springs up into the printer and having to remove covers to retrieve it. The only other thing I can think of would be to change the piece you have to remove to change the the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Well, putting two springs on it didn't work. Also, it being Monday, I wound up snapping one of the springs up into the printer and having to remove covers to retrieve it. The only other thing I can think of would be to change the piece you have to remove to change the the motor.

Changing that piece didn't help, but while msing with it, I found that if I immediately open tray 1 when I shut tray 2, tray 1 seems to lift it a little and it works fine. It makes sence that they could have damaged tray 1 while moving. Guess I am swapping a tray 1 tomorrow.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

Did you fix this?
    I have had this issue. the plates under the where the paper tray goes get bent. I reform them downward and bingo. hope this helps
    Izzy

Actually I got a little closer, or confused myself more. Swapped out the tray 1, and lower front door and it went from lifting only if you lifted or shimmed the tray to lifting if you shut the tray by pushing firmly on the right side of it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Try removing the back cover and look to see if the rear cross bar of the frame is not bent in. If it is bent it keeps the tray from fully closing. good luck