Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HP 4015X

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: HP 4015X

Ok, some news as to this problem that i found after looking into it a bit futher. Every hp firmware release has a readme file and below this is what has been fixed with past and the latest firmware update. The file give a history of the firmware revisions and their fixes.

Fixes or improvements:This firmware provides fixes or improvements for following issues:Base Product: 49.4C02 errors may be seen when printing with UPD PS driver or via ftp. 49.4C06 errors may be seen when printing with UPD PS driver. 49.4C02 errors may be seen when printing certain PDF files. A 49.4C02 error may be seen when printing certain web pages. A 49.DFFF error may be seen when printing certain PDF through direct printing.Embedded Jetdirect:

• read the file below, it is important to do so. i recommend to do the ftp method of the update.
    • the firmware can be downloaded from hp website

• Here is hp link for the read me file

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/softwa...w_04_221_6.pdf

ok , now i am done.. BEAM ME UP SCOTTY

Last edited by subaro; 03-11-2015 at 02:40 PM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    HP 4015X

HI Sorry again for all the delays in responding,tuesdays I work 2 jobs and it almost a straight 24 hour day for me,so wed am I crash.Just awoke to all this wonderful help,I want to thank EVERYONE for all their time they spent in order to help me resolve this problem.I am looking over all the posts and will let you know how it all turns out,Im almost afraid to call myself a tech when there are so many on this site who are way more advanced than I am,but after doing this for 40 years I will say it anyway, Thanks Again from your fellow TECH ,ANDY

HP 4015X

THANK YOU TO THE BEST TECHS IN THE WORLD. When I attached my laptop to printer thru USB,it worked without any code,It turned out to be a corrupt program in their network,just as you were all thinking(network issue)Once again COPYTECHNET has saved the day for me. ANDY

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by ldharnden View Post
    Along with the firmware upgrade (don't worry about removing accessories, never had an issue with any of the HP line),
    That seems to be a problem on the 4015 series. You must remove all accessories before a firmware upgrade

HP 4015X

Hi Thanks for imput. The more minds the more helpful.this time I didn't have to upgrade firmware,but it is good to know if I ever have to in future. Thanks Andy