Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP 510  blank sheets and print stops intermittently

Re: HP 510 blank sheets and print stops intermittently

Ok. If it's done it from multiple computers, then it's probably not the driver.

Make sure you have any service packs from Autodesk for whatever version of AutoCAD you're using.

The HP/GL2 card does have memory on it (or should.) Perhaps try removing the card, and using the 'send as bitmap' option in the driver. (When printing from AutoCAD, use the actual printer, not a PC3 file; the PC3 file may override the options set in the driver.)

Does your drawing contain raster images? Like aerial photography or anything? This is notorious for causing printing issues from AutoCAD because of the amount of data.. so using the 'send as bitmap' option is often best to use, but not always! At any rate, you don't need the HP/GL2 card installed to be able to print from AutoCAD. It can print using RTL just fine. And if you do have raster images in your drawing, that little 128M on the card isn't going to help it handle the data.

I had a funky issue once caused by the company's logo that they inserted into their drawings. The printer would actually put a blank stripe through the drawing, where the logo was in the title block. Turned out to be caused by the 'send as bitmap' option. They turned that off and it resolved the issue. I never saw that behavior before.

I've even had users use the 'print upsidedown' option (or rotating the print 180) to resolve printing issues from AutoCAD.

Check the Autodesk forums too. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums...&filter=labels

I worked for an Autodesk reseller for 15 years, so I'm familiar with the.. frustrations.

Kiran

Oh and if you're printing via the network card, try printing via USB. You could simply have a bad network card.. which is very common.

Kiran

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Or a bad network cable...

thanks guys i will check and get back .
    a machine is only as good as your tech : source:screwtape ; the scary one