Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: HP LJ P4014 - paper bent

Quote Originally Posted by Elmtech View Post
    Also worth checking the rear stop on tray is set for correct paper size and check the torque limiter on the cassette it may be tight.
    Good point there about the paper stop. that is built in now as every machine i look at, first thing is check paper trays width and lenght adujsters. I think he said he replaced the torque limiter.
    I don't work too much on hp anymore, but i know i have seen that paper tear in the pics he posted ,but just can't recall what was the fix. My train of thought though is that the paper is probably curled a bit, so when the paper is picked up and fed to the feed roller, it just catches the center of the paper, it bends a little and still feed.
    I Think also there are two problems, that paper cut and a skew. they are separate problems. I have seen the feed assy bushings completely gummed up where it does not turn. that brings in another issue of lubrication. If the feed assy rollers are smooth and shiny as it sometimes get, skewing can start there even before reaching the registration assy.
    So, he has to remove the covers and inspect and clean and lube. a page count should give some hints.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I've posted page counts in post before.
    But it looks like the problem is in paper quality.
    With another it works properly.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The change of the paper brand looks didn't helped.
    Do you have any other suggestions?

MattP79

Check the paper feed assembly on the leading edge (right after transfer roller) . I had a printer recently where the rollers / spindles on the lead edge had been pushed down. The paper caught on the chassis and curled over in a similar way - simplex mostly OK - duplex jammed badly but similar skew and page curl. If I see a P4015 tomorrow I'll take a picture of what I'm trying to convey.