Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

HP LJ P4014 - paper bent

Hello,

I have problem with HP LJ P4014DN.

The every third, fourth, fifth paper picked from Tray 2 (500 sheet cassette) is bent over the top and scratched.
    The text is also skewed (probably paper goes skewed into toner) - see attached pictures:

When Tray 1 is used, it works without problems.

I've cleaned rollers on registration assy with acetone.
    I've changed in Tray 2: 2x pick-up rollers, 1x separation roller, 1x torque limiter and still is bending over and scratching.

Please, have you any suggestions what to do?

Thank you very much.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    HP LJ P4014 - paper bent

Re: HP LJ P4014 - paper bent

Are the maintenance items/kits up to date? Judging from the looks of that page, you may need to start there, first. Send a pdf of the maintenance page.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Sometimes the tray1 moves slower than plain paper tray 2... so it might not actually be tray specific. Could still be fuser or other things. But I would take a look at the solenoids throughout the paper path and make sure they're not sticking.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    HP LJ P4014 - paper bent

It looks like feed/ seperation issue. I have replaced the sep pad assembly to resolve similar issues from tray 2, also look for bent guides in the paper path from tray 2 into the registration area. I have found labels stuck in that section

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Fuser have 148.731 pages printed.
    Tray 2 have 147.779 pages printed.
    But probably it isn't a bad fuser, because the text is skewed, so probably the paper is just under the toner in wrong position.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

check the spring on the jam lever (Green) on the wrap around section or tray 1 assembly under toner cartridge. It breaks and causes similar problems. Just lift on green lever if it has no tension its broke.
    Izzy

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

It's possible there is some paper stuck somewhere in the path somewhere that it's only intermittently causing problems.
    You can unscrew the registration assemby, lift it up some, blow some air in there.
    Also it's possible there is paper or something else a problem behind tray 1. It's a few steps to get behind tray 1, but nothing horrible. Just follow the instructions to replace tray 1. You can probably just pull it open on the left side and not have to pull the connector out if you're careful. But if it's the first time, it's best to go by the manual.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

The every third, fourth, fifth paper picked from Tray 2 (500 sheet cassette) [ from original post ]

OK, so when the third page has been picked up from tray 2, and is being feed, open the top cover when you think the page has reached half way before the drum. this is called the stop test. open the machine and look at the page and see if the page is being nicked. if so, then the fuser, drum and reg assemby is eliminated. now you would be looking at the feed roller assy, which i suspect your problem is. you have to do a bit of disassemby and look for glue, paper stuck ect.

Also, acetone is a good cleaner, for paint and print shops, but for laser printers i do not recommend using it. is a very harsh chemical i would stay away from using it to clean rollers.
    Last edited by subaro; 03-25-2015 at 10:32 PM.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Listen to walterman i think he speaks of wisdom. It clearly gets messed up before registration please rule out the fuser.

mabe not a separation issue, if the separation was the causing that i thing the paper would of stay in the tray.

Start a print and stop it if you think its just out of the tray and inspect. I'll take a piece of hardboard and push it thru the paper path the clear out all kinds of things.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Also worth checking the rear stop on tray is set for correct paper size and check the torque limiter on the cassette it may be tight.