Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Cheeto

hp4550 error code 49

I'm going to visit an hp4550 with an error code 49, anyone got any advice for a novice HP tech.

pwn

try this

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
    I'm going to visit an hp4550 with an error code 49, anyone got any advice for a novice HP tech.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...SeriesId=27901

its the same trouble but its on a 8500, probably same solution.

Technician

Thumbs up Hp 4550 Error code

Good night this is Techcec this is going to be long WWW.PRINTERTECHS.COM
    This is a good web site to go to 100% great tell all the other techs.
    Error code 49 Hp printer 4550 I have to search my Manuals for this one. This is how it appear in the manuals.
    49.error xxxx cycle Power
    Discription:Indicates that a firmware error occurred that cause the processor on the formatter to abort operation.
    This type or error can be cause by invalid print commands,corrupt data,or invalid operations.In some cases electrical noise in the cable can corrupt data during transmission to the printer Other causes include poor quality parallel cables,poor connections,or home grown applications On rare occasioss.the formatter is at fault,which is usualy indicated by a 79 sevice error. Steps to take to solv this problem
    (1) Turn the printer off and on to reset the prinet.
    (2) Verify that all cables are connected.
    (3)Cancel all print job and then resend.Try to isolate any offending print job.
    (4) Delete the print job Windows spooler or from the print server.
    (5) If the Formatter pas assembly or DC controller was remove,make sure the ribon cable between the DC contrller and th interinterconnect PCB is connected.
    NOTE
    THE PRINTER CONTROL PANEL WILL DISPLAY 46(FFFF) AND THE DISPLY WILL BE DARK IF THE RIBBON CABLE IS NOT CONNECTED.
    (6) To verify,run the formatter test available in the diagnostics mode.If the Formatter passes,the Formatter is not deffective do not replace the Formatter. SomeTheory I learnedat school while study Photcopier and Printers,This reffer to Printers
    Data from the computer goes to the Formatter from the Formatter to the DC controller.From the DC controller to the Laser Unit which in turn WRITE TO THE DRUM.tHIS IS DURING THE (writing Step).gO TO EBAY SEARCH FOR THSES MANUALS.There are tech on this site try get all the manuals you can get.I am not working at the moment trying to find a job here in New York City working on Photocopier and Laserjet Printer.
    I am tired right now maybe I try and find out how to do the Formatter test.I am not shore.I am doing all this so that I dont forget very thing that
    I went to school and study.I hope this help you give it a shot tommorrow.millcec@hotmail.com

Suke
    No quarantees, but if you have possibility to test with another firmware DIMM... try it.

I've gotten alot of these 4500/4550 with error 49.xxxx fixed with new firmware DIMM.

C9130-67906 For 4550
    C4084-60007 For 4500