Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    aoidan

Arrow HP 9050 MFP jams

I have a 9050mfp, my problem with it is that, when printing A4 pages they jam on the inside of the paper stacker.
    So initally from the service manual it said it is probably one of 2 things.
    Replace the fuser or replace the duplex unit. i have replaced both and i still have the same problem.

I have noticed that the pages seemed to come out of the fuser a little crooked.
    I then turned the pages A4R in the paper tray and they print fine, no jams at all.
    Why is this?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: HP 9050 MFP jams

Make sure all the rollers feed,pup,sep, and transport rollers are cleaned properly.

How do you do that ?. Maybe someone can shead some light on how this is done correctly or thier method and what tools and agents they use to get good results.

Many run to change this and that , when sometimes a good cleaning is all that is required. Not saying this is the case here, but just a comment in general.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

It would help to post any errors from the log. Run one print at a time from Diagnostics "Paper Path Test", that will help to rule out or to help to know exactly where the Jam is occurring. Also there is a bunch of issues with the Registration assembly on these; I would pay attention to that as you are printing the paper Path Test; It also would answer the question as to why it is skewing as it comes out of fuser.
    Izzy

check the springs in the paper transport unit on the right side. There are hooks on the inside in the plastic for the roller pressure springs that break, the spring on first glance can look ok but when the hook breaks you will get no roller pressure on one side [or both].

aoidan

Quote Originally Posted by sharpie View Post
    check the springs in the paper transport unit on the right side. There are hooks on the inside in the plastic for the roller pressure springs that break, the spring on first glance can look ok but when the hook breaks you will get no roller pressure on one side [or both].
    I cleaned the rollers in the paper transfer unit with a clean cloth. and the springs are ok. i also put the paper back to A4 in the trays and it test printed fine no jams now.
    Im beginning to think it was the rollers all along.

The original error was "13.06.00 jam inside left door" , I think now that there was an imbalance of grip on the paper feed rollers and the paper was making it out past the fuser and then getting caught up.

Ive heard from a friend of mine that he uses eucalyptus oil to clean rollers in copiers. Has anyone ever heard of that before?

Thanks to all for pointing me in the right direction, hopefully its the end of problems for now.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Those rollers (feed & sep) are cheap. Just replace them. Then, if you have more problems, look at the reg assembly. Those assemblied are famous for problems. It's easiest just to replace the thing.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Those rollers (feed & sep) are cheap. Just replace them. Then, if you have more problems, look at the reg assembly. Those assemblied are famous for problems. It's easiest just to replace the thing.
    I just put one in two hours ago. Number of prints and and the jam code would be helpful. Mine was a 13.05 error with 1,350,000 prints on it, so it was a logical choice for me after a maintenance kit was put in. I was lucky enough to have one in my parts pile.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

aoidan

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I just put one in two hours ago. Number of prints and and the jam code would be helpful. Mine was a 13.05 error with 1,350,000 prints on it, so it was a logical choice for me after a maintenance kit was put in. I was lucky enough to have one in my parts pile.
    The error i was getting was 13.06.00 jam inside left door and the copier has 240,000 prints on it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    Make sure all the rollers feed,pup,sep, and transport rollers are cleaned properly.

How do you do that ?. Maybe someone can shead some light on how this is done correctly or thier method and what tools and agents they use to get good results.

Many run to change this and that , when sometimes a good cleaning is all that is required. Not saying this is the case here, but just a comment in general.
    This was my earlier post on this thread and suggesting to clean the rollers first. No one really replied with a means on how to clean those rollers properly to produce results. I have worked on quite a few of those and when techs would replace piu units or transport assy as some call it. i solve many a jam problem with just a good cleaning of the transport rollers, of course checking and replacing the three rollers in the pick assy.
    eucalyptus oil is a very good cleaner but also very expensive and you will have to dilute it as it is very strong undiluted. But there are lots of other good eco friendly products in your shopping and hardware stored that you will just have to experiment and tinker with.
    Yes, the registration assy in those models sometimes can be problamatic and also the PIU unit, but making sure the paper pickup rollers and all the transport rollers are clean and free of paper dust is all it needs.

But just cleaning with a cloth as he did and not removing the paper dust properly will generate call back to the same problem as original.
    Some have suggested simple green. what do you techs use ?.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aoidan View Post
    I have a 9050mfp, my problem with it is that, when printing A4 pages they jam on the inside of the paper stacker.
    So initally from the service manual it said it is probably one of 2 things.
    Replace the fuser or replace the duplex unit. i have replaced both and i still have the same problem.

I have noticed that the pages seemed to come out of the fuser a little crooked.
    I then turned the pages A4R in the paper tray and they print fine, no jams at all.
    Why is this?
    It kind of sounds like you may have got some bad paper. That's kind of important to consider if you have a jamming problem that can be fixed by changing the orientation of the paper.