Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Hp maintence message

I have had a couple of hp 4014/4015 that after replacing the fuser and resetting the message, the message comes back after a few weeks, maybe 6 or 7. The first one was a on base and after resetting the message a couple of times, I ask their IT people to update firmware. As far as I know, it has not been done yet so I don't know if that corrects it. Now another customer has a 4014 doing the same thing, and their 4200 I put a kit in a few months ago. Is this a firmware issue?
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

Re: Hp maintence message

Never had that issue; The firmware upgrade resolves just having the option to clear it. You can go into the service mode and do the same thing.
    It's possible that someone changed the setting as to when it comes on. I think those are all 225,000 but they can be changed. Like they could have set it to 100 prints so the following week it will go off so I would check that.

Pin code
    P4014 - 05401408
    P4015 - 05401508
    P4515 - 05451508
    4200 - 11420002
    Izzy

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Which method are you using to clearing the maintenance message? There are three different ways. It will make a difference. Let us know.

Same method I have used hundreds of times before. Config device, resets, clear maintenance message.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech 100+ Posts 1stcavvet's Avatar

You are clearing the message but not resetting the maint counter, Turn off, turn on when the screen lights up push and hold the ok button until all 3 leds light and stay lit. let go of button, scoll down to reset maint count and press ok. sometimes you wont get it first time. there is a timing issue with the exact time you press the ok button after you turn it on. once all 3 leds light up you good to continue on to reset GOOD LUCK

Thank you for your input. What is confusing me is that on all of the others I have done, and it has been a lot, this has never been an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stcavvet View Post
    You are clearing the message but not resetting the maint counter, Turn off, turn on when the screen lights up push and hold the ok button until all 3 leds light and stay lit. let go of button, scoll down to reset maint count and press ok. sometimes you wont get it first time. there is a timing issue with the exact time you press the ok button after you turn it on. once all 3 leds light up you good to continue on to reset GOOD LUCK

Now I feel like a dumb ass because I have done that. I don't know what happened to my brain. Overloaded with calls, most of them problems nobody has heard of. Learning Lexmarks one fucked up problem at a time. Thanks for your input.