Senior Tech 100+ Posts

hp p1102 black copies

Printing completely black copies. changed toner cartridge but no improvement. I think it is the laser scanner

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: hp p1102 black copies

Quote Originally Posted by ldfrepairs View Post
    Printing completely black copies. changed toner cartridge but no improvement. I think it is the laser scanner
    Without knowing more about what is going on, this might be a a bunch of nonsense.
    Still, on every machine I've ever worked on, a lack of laser meant blank prints, and here's why: toner is only attracted to the parts of the drum that are exposed to the laser. So the laser scanner is probably unlikely to be the problem (well, unless the laser is on all of the time I guess, but let's hope that isn't the case because that sounds really expensive to fix).
    You might want to check where connections are made to the cartridge inside the machine. Particularly the connection that has to do with the charge roller in the cartridge.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Yees it is a bunch of nonsense. It was a lazy post. I took the time to troubleshoot the cause and found a HVT connection was bent. Printer working fine now.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ldfrepairs View Post
    Yees it is a bunch of nonsense. It was a lazy post. I took the time to troubleshoot the cause and found a HVT connection was bent. Printer working fine now.
    For what it is worth, I didn't mean your post was nonsense. It's just that when I have a pretty good guess about a problem without having enough technical information to provide a sound technical solution, I like to preface my posts that way as sometimes my suggestions do turn out to be a useless waste of time.
    Still, glad you found the problem, and thanks for sharing what you found.