Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

C3350 + AU-205H issue

Installed several of these this week and have seen this a few times alread and so has the sales rep.

In morning or possibly when it goes to low power mode the card reader will not work. When prox card is used it will flash blue/white lime it normally does but nothing happens. If rebooted it will then work fine.

Sleep mode is off. Low power set to 240 min. Also tried enabling power consumption in sleep mode.

Papercut integrated with standard KM IU used.

Besides firmware has anyone seen this. We didn't have this problem with the AU-201H

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: C3350 + AU-205H issue

been dealing with this same issue on a 50+ MFP fleet, all with AU205-H, and Output Manage/Autostore...Same issue, usually happens in the am especially after long weekend. Authentication failures....on the OM side, we can see that there is no communication over the port, like the card is not sending anything. Power cycle seems to cure it for the most part. Grape vine is telling me that KM is aware of issues with the card readers...You may want to look at the other post regarding the Au-205s. Different driver must be used to accommodate anything other that HID prox cards. Funny thing...we have the exact same setup in the same building for a different department. Close to the same amount of MFPs, and never have had even one problem. The only difference is this install was done with AU-201H readers...Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Well I have a ticket open with KMBS and they are transferring over to advanced support so hopefully I hear something soon.

Engine firmware: A3GN-0Y0-0050-G-00-1800.zip
    Controller firmware: bizhubC3850Series Cont A3GN30G0607-999.exe
    Controller (sub) firmware: bizhubC3850Series Cont A3GN30G0607-899.exe

loadable driver: C3850 C3350 5427CK Loadable A3GN0Y0A010G0000.exe

Sleep mode off

Using basic HID prox card

Card reader mounted on outside with usb connect to external usb on right side near control panel.

Not sure if this is pertinent, but we have been hooking the USB cable up to the USB jack under the paper exit tray. That's where the instructions said to hook up....FYI. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

I have been thinking about that today. Instructions also expect it to be mounted under the cover. Next time I get over there I may try plugging into the other USB.

Did any of your occurrences happen while using the port underneath the paper exit tray?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

No, worked OK from here, this was in an AutoStore/Output Manager environment, with I-Option (Web Browser) and HID Prox cards. The only issue we ran into was the AU would not read cards when buried under the front cover. Emujo

Ok I think I have this resolved finally.

I have a support ticket with KM.

So everything they tell me to do I am doing to two of these C3350. Two is better than one I think. I am unable to duplicate the issue soon after applying a solution. I have to wait until the morning to find out each time.

It went to research for Advanced Support which then tell me to uninstall then reinstall the loadable driver which insulted me. I quickly update the ticket that I already did. Just in case I did route the usb cable to the usb port under the exit cover. Still not working.

Then they told me to download this new version of the programming tool ADTAfor5427CK_v1003000.zip. They had me load the current driver into this and then create a new driver from it which didn't work.

Then another day they call to tell me that they know of this issue and haven't posted it yet because they are still in the beta stages of testing the solution. They then give me a different loadable driver attached to the ticket and this one work today with both copiers.

We were just about to purchase a bunch of AU-201H from newegg to get rid of this problem.