Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts progoffice's Avatar

Total Counter Notification working - Scan to Email not working.

I am working on a Konica Minolta C353 that has been scanning to email consistently for years until today. It was using an old email address that was no longer in use, so I updated the credentials and smtp info to match the newer address.

I can successfully force send a total counter notification via email, but I get scan errors when I try to scan to email. I have never seen this symptom before. The most recent round of errors is "Login Error." Does this sound like a hard drive issue? Should I reset the network settings and start over?

There's another machine in the same office (C253) using the same scan to email address and it's working.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Total Counter Notification working - Scan to Email not working.

what type of email server is it? gmail? in-house exchange? hosted email?

can you do a scan to email to the same email address that is used for total counter notification or does that email address only work with total counter notification report. I ask because some email accounts may not be allowed by the server. Some exchange configurations only allow email addresses within the domain.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts progoffice's Avatar

Re: Total Counter Notification working - Scan to Email not working.

I switched the sending email account to a gmail account from an office365 account and now everything is working fine. Gmail uses SSL and office365 uses TLS. Since I was getting login errors, it must have something to do with the machine's ability to correctly send the email via that specific security protocol (all of the sudden?). All I know is that a similar machine in the office is working fine using the office 365 setup. It could be a firmware issue, but since it's working and the customer is happy, I'm not going to test this one any further.