Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    BH C451 repeat image

BH C451 repeat image

Hello Everywon

this machine had after-market IU's fitted, the customer runs around 1500 page full colour print jobs - yellow & cyan keep leaving small image repeats at about 10cm intervals - I have fitted brand new DCB's but I keep getting the problem, though no such issue with magenta or black

samples to be uploaded later as I'm at the job now

any pointers? and I hope you don't go saying to fit new IUs - the drums are in great condition, new blades, developer & density look great & I cleaned the coronas & grids

thanks in advance

Andy

Re: BH C451 repeat image

Check the test prints from service mode and see if you can do a stop shot with image on the drum and transfer belt. This might give you more of an idea of what's happening.

XiX76

Quote Originally Posted by aAandy View Post
    Hello Everywon

this machine had after-market IU's fitted, the customer runs around 1500 page full colour print jobs - yellow & cyan keep leaving small image repeats at about 10cm intervals - I have fitted brand new DCB's but I keep getting the problem, though no such issue with magenta or black

samples to be uploaded later as I'm at the job now

any pointers? and I hope you don't go saying to fit new IUs - the drums are in great condition, new blades, developer & density look great & I cleaned the coronas & grids

thanks in advance

Andy

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    BH C451 repeat image

yellow & cyan keep leaving small image repeats at about 10cm intervals -

Andy

Sounds about right for the diameter of the drum.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    BH C451 repeat image

Quote Originally Posted by darry1322 View Post
    Sounds about right for the diameter of the drum.
    Agreed. 96.4mm I think. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    BH C451 repeat image

been back there, dismantled & cleaned the ITB, ITB cleaner unit & ITB sensors,,, cleaned all the blank lamps & machine interior - still getting a repeat image at about 94mm on yellow & cyan

i can only imagine i have sick blank lamps, leaving the remnants of a latent image on the drum - anyone know how i can test the blank lamps?

also got a P-14 problem that won't go away & the skew is miles out, no matter what i do the skew remains about 2mm out - black is obviously correctly placed & all 3 colours are aligned to each other, but there is a huge skew between the colours and black (including adjusting skew manually under service mode/machine/skew) - this happened after i reset skew in an attempt to correct a small skew problem of 0.2mm, i ran stabilisation reset & stabilization 10 times, ran gradation 3 times each, absolutely no difference to skew

also the black IU is producing nice print density at the machine rear, very washed out density in the middle & below average density at the machine front

this machine is driving me insane - anyone got any further suggestions? my client is getting very impatient with me

What type. Of tonner are you using check tonner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It maybe causes by bad tonner i have such problem before i change the tonner and it work perfectly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    BH C451 repeat image

been back there, dismantled & cleaned the ITB, ITB cleaner unit & ITB sensors,,, cleaned all the blank lamps & machine interior - still getting a repeat image at about 94mm on yellow & cyan

i can only imagine i have sick blank lamps, leaving the remnants of a latent image on the drum - anyone know how i can test the blank lamps?

also got a P-14 problem that won't go away & the skew is miles out, no matter what i do the skew remains about 2mm out - black is obviously correctly placed & all 3 colours are aligned to each other, but there is a huge skew between the colours and black (including adjusting skew manually under service mode/machine/skew) - this happened after i reset skew in an attempt to correct a small skew problem of 0.2mm, i ran stabilisation reset & stabilization 10 times, ran gradation 3 times each, absolutely no difference to skew

also the black IU is producing nice print density at the machine rear, very washed out density in the middle & below average density at the machine front

this machine is driving me insane - anyone got any further suggestions? my client is getting very impatient with me

Dig through the threads there is answers. Plus there is FW patch for P-14 although I had to do everything manually.

just one to start with :http://copytechnet1.rssing.com/brows...3942&item=3621
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hi there

I think you know what the answer is going to be !

I suspect the yellow and cyan drums have signs of damage so my advise is to fit oem iu's and you fault will be resolved.

Regards

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    BH C451 repeat image

update

the client called in with a C225B error,,, so either the K IU is sick or the power supply - the machine indicated to check the finisher is connected, so i presume it's the PSU (could this also be causing my repeat image?)

regarding the skew issue, the only things i haven't yet done in the P-14 solution list is replace the print head, K IU (thought it also had this problem with the previous OEM IU but seemed to magically correct itself after a few days )& relevant boards

i found a free C451 on gumtree, went & picked it up, fired it up, fixed a few minor issues with it & it's working like magic - so i'm going to bring my clients IUs & fit them to my machine & see how they go,,, end of the day it may just be easier to swap the machines

silly question, but the machine i got free has the oil can illuminated, but when i press it, it just beeps & doesn't reveal the warning - no warnings shown in service mode, no error codes, the only indication is that the K toner is low,, replace when indicated

any thoughts?

thanks in advance