SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhub C451/C550

Bizhub C451/C550

Customer called and cannot scan from any of the client workstations to folder. Problem started when 2 workstations could not scan.....then a few hours later 2 more people couldn't scan.....and finally a half hour later all 6 workstations lost scanning ability. Printing works fine. On the MFP Scanning acts like it goes thru just fine with no error message generated by the copier. Sounded like an IT issue(firewall or permisssions or anti virus program etc....) and told the customer to have their IT guy check it out. He checked it out and said it is a copier issue and not a network issue which frankly, I doubt due to the nature of the problem. Suggestions?
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: Bizhub C451/C550

If you are not getting a failure message on the MFP, then the scans are going somewhere. Look in the address book for the UNC path to the specified folder, copy this info and go back to a workstation and browse to the folder specified. More than likely, the users have lost permissions to access the folder, especially if this is going to a server. Double check the MFP scan log and look for errors..if you see "job complete" then you can (smugly) hand it back to the IT rep and say it's your problem. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhub C451/C550

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    If you are not getting a failure message on the MFP, then the scans are going somewhere. Look in the address book for the UNC path to the specified folder, copy this info and go back to a workstation and browse to the folder specified. More than likely, the users have lost permissions to access the folder, especially if this is going to a server. Double check the MFP scan log and look for errors..if you see "job complete" then you can (smugly) hand it back to the IT rep and say it's your problem. Emujo
    Thanks for replying......will do as you suggested. Just goes to show you....not all IT guys are equal. Some are very sharp and others just lazily blame the copier. With a symptom like this it's almost certainly a network issue.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Yeah, with some reps, I will spend as much time as needed to figure it out, but with the few assholes, once I determine the MFP is fine, my next statement is "the billing starts now if you wish me to continue"..Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.