Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    bizhub 552 finisher fs-526 springs broken

Thumbs up bizhub 552 finisher fs-526 springs broken

Customer had jamming in finisher with code 7219 . 4 springs broken i believed called pulling springs. I looked in parts manual and got part # A11897700 but did search for it and came up with nothing so far. Was part number changed ? I will try to order from konica minolta tomorrow but wanted some guidance first. Any info regarding this is appreciated very much. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: bizhub 552 finisher fs-526 springs broken

I did a search and didnt see that part # either. 72-19 jam code is usually the solenoid spring on the backside of the machine are you sure thats not broke?

part number is actually A11P897700. It is called pulling spring and all four are broken and just hanging ther. I you staple it doesn't jam because they don't come into play.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Gotcha. I know what springs you are talking about. I usually just stretch them out and reconnect them. Not sure how they get broken though.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

72-19 after every 10-11 pages is a broken bypass gate solenoid spring at the rear. Have done enough of these to do it blindfolded. Early FS535 have the same crappy spring that snaps too.

Thumbs up Re: bizhub 552 finisher fs-526 springs broken

Hi EarthKMTech

Thanks for your info. There are 4 broken pulling springs just hanginga nd when i saw that i did not look for anything else, having little experience on this machine and especially the FS526 finisher. I noticed that when the finisher is required to staple a job it does NOT jam. I have ordered the 4 springs and guess i can look at solenoid when i go back. I will look in parts manual for exact location. Can spring be repaired or replace by something similar as i won't have that if there is a solenoid problem as well. Are you saying that the finisher would not jam even with 4 broken pulling springs(A11P89700)? Frank

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    72-19 after every 10-11 pages is a broken bypass gate solenoid spring at the rear. Have done enough of these to do it blindfolded. Early FS535 have the same crappy spring that snaps too.
    There was an update for the spring that made it a bit thicker. I had one recently not break, but simply fell off the hook on the gate(not easy to get back on either). It's near impossible to replace the whole solenoid with out tearing down the whole finisher either, so I just drop in a new plunger when a spring breaks. All they had to do was create a hole in the back of the frame for ease of access, but no.

Thumbs up Re: bizhub 552 finisher fs-526 springs broken

Thank you Matt, Big Richard and Splblazer91. Your information is appreciated. I went back to customer and installed the 4 springs but it made no difference. I thought that might be the case when each of you mentioned the solenoid spring. I took off the top cover plate and watched the solenoid and it never energized. I did not see a broken spring so am thinking solenoid is bad. I assume you are talking about the solenoid at top rear gate where paper is removed from FN7 location. Is that sd3? Any assistance is greatly appreciated, Frank.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

shine your flashlight through the metal hole in the front of the frame and look at the back of the finisher. you will see the broken plunger spring there. Up in the upper right corner of that cavity. sorry i dont know what guide its actually behind without being in fron of one. There is a tech pup out about it though so look for that.

Solenoid springs intact. Have a video of problem taken with iphone but don't know how to attach it here. Frank