Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    BH C203 Loud plastic gear over gear noise from right rear corner of machine

Re: BH C203 Loud plastic gear over gear noise from right rear corner of machine

hotfuser,
    I can see the gears that drive the waste toner box auger. I was able to turn the one way ccw about 1 turn then it stopped.
    It would not turn cw at any time.
    I guess I will have to take the main drive out to see whats going on.

DR

Ok, I have those two boards in front of the main drive motor out.
    I can turn the main drive motor CW with out the noise but counter CCW
    it will make the noise from the right side. I can see the auger gears turning
    when I turn the motor CW. It has to be in that area.

DR

It is the waste toner auger. I have the main drive unit out and when I turn the big gear on the left as you face the back,
    CCW it turns and so do the auger gears but turn it CW and the noise can be heard. This assembly turns that shaft that connects
    to the waste toner auger on the other side of the machine. I removed the two easiest gears on the waste toner drive unit and turn
    the big gear again and it turn fine in both direction but the waste toner gears bind up when turned one direction and turn free the other.

The filters on the left side of the machine were very dusty.
    I think I'm gona put some of this back together before digging into the toner augers.
    Any other advice would be appreciated.

DR

This is just pain nuts to build the machine around the waste toner auger.
    Mr allan is that letter in the solutions?

I need some help on getting the horizontal bed out that the toners sit on.
    I can see the toner ports for fresh toner, the black one looks to almost over
    flowing.

DR

Our knowledge base is too new and does not contain much info on the C203 range. I had a case where the auger will break of completely making the drive seem normal. Its a bitch to get to.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

This is perhaps not a direct solution for your problem but we try to swap as much as possible C-203/253/353's for the next generation C-220, 280, 360 which are very cheap to get from the wholesalers these days.

The old generation became too problematic and costly to maintain. We are "blessed" in the past with all known and unknown possible issues with these machines except indeed, until now, the problem you have with that waste auger. Strangely we never had that yet but I promised myself, when it would occur, to shove that machine of a cliff personally.

IMHO the C-203 is not worth to spend a day or more working to solve the fault with the auger to be faced later on with one of the other possible annoying stinging issues.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Hans,
    Thank you for that advice. I am trying to get the customer to go in that direction. A bhc220 sounds like the way to go.
    I will look into that.
    They will give me there old machine (in pieces) and I will try and repair it at home in my spare time. Then I will get rid of c351
    I have now.
    I also have a customer with the bhc252. He just put a fuser unit in it and it has a gouge on the roller in about 4 months time.
    So now it jams when he runs his heavy coverage job. Sez he is going to get a desk top machine. I told him he may have
    trouble running his heavy coverage job on that.
    He want to give the machine to me so I have to get rid of it. May be I can sell it cheap.

DR

I will keep a C252 around just for fun. Its got this special slowness to it. Awesome machines!!
    Turned a couple of C253's upside down ADF first on a trailer a couple of days ago. Got about $100 for 3 of them.
    There is around ten C220/C280 machines in 2 office rooms.

Its the cheapest color machine to run. And the units is easy to rebuild.

Just yank that collection tube out, its good meditation.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Yesterday I had indeed to shove a C-253 with only 140K off the cliff.............

Now my collection of possible ailments with this series is complete...... *sigh*

Hans
    Last edited by Hansoon; 07-28-2015 at 02:49 PM.
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Hans,
    Glad to hear you have closure. I too will have closure soon. I am offering my customer a choice between the BHC452 and the C360.
    They said they wanted to look at a machine that would the work in the future should they add people.
    They also are looking at an HP C5500 as a back up for 11X17 prints. So the engineers will have something for their drawings.

Hans, I see in your picture that mag roller shaft with the new style bearing/collar. Looks good.

See ya

DR