Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts goldencup's Avatar

Regarding developers of bizhub Color machines

Hi,

I would like to ask what are the exact weight of the following developers of bizhub color machines:

1. bizhub C250 (CYMK)
    2. bizhub C353 (CYMK)
    3. bizhub C451 (CYM) (K)

I ask this because we have encounter some of the copy qualities of the machines are light. for example, we found out that the weight of the developers of bizhub C250 is different from another bizhub C250 machine. Sometimes we got estimated 200 grams and sometimes around 300 grams. Hope you could give me an information about this. Thank you very much.

Re: Regarding developers of bizhub Color machines

There is no OEM developers for these unit, so hopefully someone here knows.
    The half tone prints should be angled white bands, that means low developer.
    Where do you get the developer from?

It's so easy to get bad 3de party consumables making rebuilding a headache on these machines.
    Whatever

Senior Tech 250+ Posts goldencup's Avatar

thank you for the reply. All the dev units and their developers are original. What i'm planning to do is, if i got the exact or specific weight for the developer then i will be able to get the developer (original from IU) with lesser weight and combine it with another lesser developer from other unit (also original). I'm just not sure if its 200 grams or 300 grams (for bizhub C250) and around 400 grams for bizhub C451. We have a lot of developing unit which is not used because the developer inside is already less in weight some are around 100 to 150 grams only.

Just remember that developer degrades after use and will cause QC problems even if there is enough developer in there.
    To save money you can buy only the IU K's and use all the parts from there for the colours except for the C451.
    It does not mater if the toner in the developer is black, just run the colour thru by printing solid half-tones.
    Whatever

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Don't forget to put new chips on CMY IU's to initialize the units.Done that and works well.
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Just remember that developer degrades after use and will cause QC problems even if there is enough developer in there.
    To save money you can buy only the IU K's and use all the parts from there for the colours except for the C451.
    It does not mater if the toner in the developer is black, just run the colour thru by printing solid half-tones.
    So you have machines with 4 black imaging units and you just run solid pages till the colour toner replaces all the black ?

LOL!

Now thats ingenuity..

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    So you have machines with 4 black imaging units and you just run solid pages till the colour toner replaces all the black ?

LOL!

Now thats ingenuity..
    I'm sure he meant to drive the machine without any toner until K in all units is depleted. We did similar in the very old days with the analogue Minolta rental machines having 1-2 extra color units for mono-color copies. We depleted the color out of the green/red/blue/sepia/white* units, collected the developer, adjusted for the weight and put it in the black unit. Than topping up black toner until saturated. We saved a LOT of money doing this, though being a messy job.

However, a color MFP is a lot more critical and depending on its use, it would be unacceptable to have even minor traces of K-Toner into the color units. I would than rather prefer to try to use compatible developer instead when the budget is tight.

Hans

* Any of you old farts recall that white toner of Minolta? Still having one machine with my customers doing this. The customer is an architectural designer and he loves to copy his designs in white on black paper. Looks very fancy.

....... and YES I'm that old.......
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post

LOL!

Now thats ingenuity..

Jip those IDC sensors just check for density they are color blind. No P-codes. works on most color machines.
    why pay 80 money's if you can pay 10!
    Whatever

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Jip those IDC sensors just check for density they are color blind. No P-codes. works on most color machines.
    why pay 80 money's if you can pay 10!
    And yellow dots become black if copy/prints are made before toner is replenish . I was scared first time i saw it, didn't know about security pattern that time.
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

Security pattern?
    Whatever