Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: c364e : problem with ADF

We had to replace the ADF cable that looks like a USB cable. Black in color. We had a machine throwing the error code for ADF. You have not other codes?

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

You should be getting some kind of error code if the ADF is electronically installed but has a problem..

1. How many cables are running from the back of the ADF? 1=DF-624, 2=DF70X.
    2. Remove back of MFP and double check cables are actually plugged into a small 4x4 board. If so remove and reset board and ribbon cable.
    3. Check service mode for ADF firmware version. If none listed then you probably have a ADF board issue, or a power problem. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by habik View Post
    What firmware is it on at the moment?
    Please check these pictures (I don't know which one I should tell you)
    IMG_Fm1.jpg
    IMG_Fm2.jpgIMG_Fm3.jpgIMG_Fm4.jpgIMG_Fm5.jpgIMG_Fm6.JPG

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mo0651 View Post
    We had to replace the ADF cable that looks like a USB cable. Black in color. We had a machine throwing the error code for ADF. You have not other codes?
    I don't receive any error code.
    also I checked the ADF cable socket (on the main machine) and we had 24v voltage on that but I didn't check the other side of the cable that connected to ADF

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    You should be getting some kind of error code if the ADF is electronically installed but has a problem..

1. How many cables are running from the back of the ADF? 1=DF-624, 2=DF70X.
    2. Remove back of MFP and double check cables are actually plugged into a small 4x4 board. If so remove and reset board and ribbon cable.
    3. Check service mode for ADF firmware version. If none listed then you probably have a ADF board issue, or a power problem. Emujo
    1- one cable
    2- please check the below pictures
    3- I uploaded firmware pictures in my last post

IMG_8269.jpgIMG_8270.jpgIMG_8271.jpgIMG_8272.jpgIMG_8273.jpg

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    c364e : problem with ADF

There have been a few upgrades since K2. Firmware is currently at G00-K6. I don't expect that it will resolve your problem, but it's a preliminary step you need to take. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Page three of your firmware list shows no firmware for the ADF. That means the machine doesn't recognize that there is an ADF attached. I would start at the ADF connector and work my way back to the DF and check wiring. If all the wiring is okay, you likely have a board issue.

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Page three of your firmware list shows no firmware for the ADF. That means the machine doesn't recognize that there is an ADF attached. I would start at the ADF connector and work my way back to the DF and check wiring. If all the wiring is okay, you likely have a board issue.
    I agree that that means that there is no ADF present, but if you can't select the correct DF in system 2 and options if will not show any way.

If you select the DF-624 under service mode and restart the machine did the setting stick? Does DF-624 stay highlighted?
    Whatever

Technician

thank you guys
    I came to a short trip and will back on next week and try your suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post

If you select the DF-624 under service mode and restart the machine did the setting stick? Does DF-624 stay highlighted?
    yes, it is still highlighted

Technician

finally I find the problem and solve it.
    it was very simple and stupid!

As you know a cable come from the ADF and connected to the main unit.

There is 2 wires that using for the power. the head cover of one these wires, not fixed correctly and therefore the ADF not received power voltage.

Thank you all guys that helped and guide me.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Guess what I just run across this same/similar issue. but in my case it is c284e, and it problem is getting even funnier.

It started by not recognising paper size in ADF. Then when turned up it looked like it is working. Was on J9 firmware so loaded K2 to be sure. Tests 1-sided 2-sided mixed orignals all good. Did reboot, Copy OK, Scan OK. Went away.
    Got a call back in 2 hrs. Machine doing the same. Next day went to the office got varistor and on arrival machine had CF907. Re-booted and changed varistor for original paper size width. Machine was ok for few secods then thrown paper jam when I put paper in ADF. Tried calibrating and abeit showing correct numbers out come came NG .. Trouble reset.Checked voltages and all seemed OK. Disconnected ADF. Machine working OK, COPY & SCAN. So ADF it looks like it is. Re-connected ADF and CF907 appear, went to Service Mode and in Firmware section is not showing ADF version. Tried Re-loding firmware and ADF is not on the Firmware boot menu. Disconected ADF and tried to print, machine is offline, trouble reset, machine showing offline, Can't print to it. Copy only, SO ..go figure. Will report later, when boards arrive. Before boards replacemet I'll have a proper look again on the connectors, as with all the honesty that board in ADF (DFCB) when you pull some of the connectors sometimes the whole connector poppes out so you have just pins sticking out. *Klumpat* we call it. `So if this same crap is midway and on the other side, I'll be fuming. But still don't get why machine is coming offline with ADF disconnected.
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE