Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Di350 duplex

Try changing the fuser exit sensor - they play up lots in these models.
    If you are hitting your head up against a wall it always feels better when you stop.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    As best I can remember, 8 years ago after getting my 250/350 boxes, we got one of those throw ins you sometimes get with a big contract in the form of a board upgrade. The board I believe was called the PWB "N", and it is the one that plugs onto the MFB. It was supposed to be the same as a firmware upgrade. I can't remember what problem it was spposed to fix, I would put em in cause they were free and I had a bunch. As a longshot if you had a machine that you knew didn't have the problem, I would swap the MFB on one that you could repeat the jam on, and see if there is a difference. If it is a brain problem, it has to be in the MFB. Good Luck.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Di350 duplex

Since i did work canon machines (and still do what left of them in field ) , i crossed a lot of duplex problem becose firmware on 22xx and etc , so we had upgrade the machines. Cant tell the difference since they where working whit no problem.

U tell us that u put more of copies to duplex them? Im tapping in the dark but pickup assy would cause paper jam since he stops while the papers are duplex. I know if u put 100 single side to copy, they will come out but when duplex is activated....check it out

A dirty old timing jam... I hadn't thought of that! With duplex operation the timing is more critical, so more jams. Is the rego roller, manual bypass, vertical transports clean/and bushes lubed? Are the feed tyres good? (these were crap on these machines!) Has it got a finisher or job tray after the fuser? Is the fuser free to turn? Is that white-coloured 'gear carrier' at the right-hand side of the fuser OK?
    If you are hitting your head up against a wall it always feels better when you stop.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by wagon View Post
    A dirty old timing jam... I hadn't thought of that! With duplex operation the timing is more critical, so more jams. Is the rego roller, manual bypass, vertical transports clean/and bushes lubed? Are the feed tyres good? (these were crap on these machines!) Has it got a finisher or job tray after the fuser? Is the fuser free to turn? Is that white-coloured 'gear carrier' at the right-hand side of the fuser OK?
    That is what I was thinking wagon. some sort of timing issue. as far as feed tires, I try to keep those either clean or replaced as I agree the tires are crap. I have to rule out the fuser, manual bypass, and duplexer, as I have swapped those out. This problem is on machines with or without a finisher so the horizontal transport is out of the question. I have changed the MFB board, but I can't help but think that the problem stills lies there. I guess I'll try to swap that again.

Bump

I too are having this same fault on a 250. no problem on a single (1) output of a double sided document but when asking for 3+ a blank sheet is jammed in the inversion unit with the other 3 sheets in the ADU paper path. No noises heard from inversion motor and no evidence of timing or rego issues or jams for that matter in single side mode.