Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Konica c452 Scans but doesn't copy

I have a Konica c452 that goes to ready, scans the original, but doesn't copy. It looks like it puts the document in a que of some sort and asks for another original but never outputs a copy. There is an oil can and L2 when pressed but the magenta IU hasn't reached the end. Any ideas.

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Re: Konica c452 Scans but doesn't copy

Sounds like it's EOL. But check the contact pins for the toner and IU, I've had them bend up and cause weird issues like that.

EOL! Sounds like I need the PPLM mod. Does anyone know were/if I can get it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

If you have your indicators turned off , your transfer belt and/or fuser needs to be reset. Go into service mode, counter new release. Open the front door and reset them.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmart77 View Post
    I have a Konica c452 that goes to ready, scans the original, but doesn't copy. It looks like it puts the document in a que of some sort and asks for another original but never outputs a copy. There is an oil can and L2 when pressed but the magenta IU hasn't reached the end. Any ideas.
    is this happening with the document feeder or on the glass....if its the glass do you get a choice of "change setting" or "finish"....go to finishing & change it from "sort" to "group"
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Ok, I checked and it has a pplm mod. This machine just wont spit out a copy, all the supplies are good-- it acts like the print engine is disabled. I don't know the Konica's as well as the Toshiba's but something logic or security is keeping a copy or print job from happening.

Is there a KM tech that has seen this and can help me:

Background--new hard drive installed at customers office before I received the machine (I have since done a physical and logic format) and ran a HDD and memory check) all good.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmart77 View Post
    Ok, I checked and it has a pplm mod. This machine just wont spit out a copy, all the supplies are good-- it acts like the print engine is disabled. I don't know the Konica's as well as the Toshiba's but something logic or security is keeping a copy or print job from happening.

Is there a KM tech that has seen this and can help me:

Background--new hard drive installed at customers office before I received the machine (I have since done a physical and logic format) and ran a HDD and memory check) all good.
    Have you/can you print with it (e.g., from a computer)?
    Have you checked the counters in service mode/any P codes in service mode?

If you just installed the hard drive you may need to "install" it - Service Mode > System 2 > HDD

You can always try a data clear and/or reflashing the firmware.

All right, cleared data, released the fuser and transport belt, checked the PPLM Mod., reset the security and administrators mode, however--it still won't make a copy. This is definitely a BizHub issue with logic or security. I've gone over what I've done and all possible errors there could be. Is there anyone out there who might be able to help me with this. I get a warning of L-2, but the Magenta IU still has a bar left, so I'm getting a reset chip next week. Can anyone provide me a way to release the L2 warning so I can prep the machine for delivery.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Does the job appear in the print queue? If so what does it say?
    There is a setting in tech rep that will still stop printing even with eol firmware.
    eol will show one bar left when it's reached the end

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Well you cannot simply install the PPLM firmware and not change the settings and expect it to work.

There is a IU life stop setting (as mentioned, in Service Mode) and another one if you press stop-0-c in Service Mode.
    Change switch switches: 51 HEX to F0 switch 55 HEX to 0C

Also, can you print to it with a computer?