Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Minolta Di-450, anybody seen this before?

Minolta Di-450, anybody seen this before? I have two machines at different locations doing this. One is used as a copier and the other one mainly as a printer. Any idea's? Hans

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    i have seen this pretty regular and i think it cause with the non original drum /Katun,delacamp, etc./

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

It is a problem with the cleaning blade pressure. Renew the spring as well as the blade and make sure the blade is lubricated with dusting powder. Sometimes you can clear it by moving the blade towards the drum a little.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by minimerlin View Post
    It is a problem with the cleaning blade pressure. Renew the spring as well as the blade and make sure the blade is lubricated with dusting powder. Sometimes you can clear it by moving the blade towards the drum a little.
    You have seen this exact problem before? or are you guessing? I ask because i have a couple of these machines doing this periodically (maybe 1 out of 300 copies). notice how the lines are perfectly symmetrical. seems if it was a cleaning blade the lines would be a bit irregular. not that I don't trust you, just in my nature to question

I would change the drum blade (vac out cleaner unit thoroughly) and clean/service the coronas. Maybe change the recovery blade too.
    If you are hitting your head up against a wall it always feels better when you stop.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    didn't say nothing about the drum? i bet about when i use a NON OEM drum this feature is present ... with same period

I have seen it also it is the drum blade

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Believe me it is the blade..I have had this problem myself..also it is a known Minolta Database fault with the fix from japan!
    Last edited by minimerlin; 06-13-2008 at 07:05 PM. Reason: can`t spell!

Thanks guys. I forgot to add (yes sometimes I can be very, VERY sloppy) that it occurs only from time to time. Once within 100 prints/copies or so, sometimes first only. My guts is telling me that it might have something to do with the aftermarket drums I'm using (this was suggested here too). Both machines got a new drum weeks before this happened. BUT........, the second machine I had to replace the drum once again last week for unrelated reasons (it had a blade flip and got damaged) and I took this time a drum + cleaning blade from another aftermarket supplier giving the same phenomena. Will go there and clean drumshaft and contacts first and see how it develops. Hans

Quote Originally Posted by minimerlin View Post
    Believe me it is the blade..I have had this problem myself..also it is a known Minolta Database fault with the fix from japan!
    Do you have for me please that Minolta Database information and the fix as well? Hans