Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Updated Firmware for Bizhub C550

Does any one have the new firmware for the C550 Bizhub by Konica MInolta and the supporting docs. The files are as follows

A00J0Y0-F000-GB1-R6.exe
    C550_PRI_DLBT1300320EN.doc

Also, does anyone know if there is a new Toolkit to Create the Compact Flash Drive? The version I have is 2.5.3. If so can you send me the current tool?

Thanks

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: Updated Firmware for Bizhub C550

Bunga, your original issue was the inability to get by the CE password. New firmware wont help. You will have an up to date MFP that you still can't access. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I have asked the same question and issue in my post. How do i reset the CE Password. I have been told over and over that I have to get a CF card put the firmware on it and re-write the NVRAM. Now you are telling me that this is not what I need to do.????? What do i do to reset the CE Password. Do you know?

Thanks

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    Bunga, your original issue was the inability to get by the CE password. New firmware wont help. You will have an up to date MFP that you still can't access. Emujo

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Do you have a file called NVRAM Reset Tool? I have received information that this is the file that I should write to the CF Card to Reset the CE Password.

I have also been told that Konica Minolta techs have a second (secret) password to reset the CE Password (this is a password in addition to the default 92729272)

I have also been told that there is a file called NVRAM Reset Tool that needs to be written to a CF Card

I have also been told that i need to re-write the NVRAM with the Firmware Toolkit. This is what I have done. However, Now i have been told that there is a new firmware that should work.

You can see why the frustration. No one seems to know, but everyone has an opinion that is stated like the truth. So what is the answer?

And, I read your answer which was enlightening, but did not address the issue and provide a solution. So, I really do not know if your answer is correct either. You can see why I just do not know who to believe and what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

You have lost (or never knew) the CE password, originally the only way around this was replacing the NVRAM but that could sometimes cause more problems then it solved. KM released the NVRAM reset firmware. This firmware has to be processed with the firmware tool kit because of the OS loaded on the MFP. (VXworks) The invalid card message has always been because the MFP can't read the data on the card. The toolkit looks like it processed the files correctly, but it loaded them onto a card formatted improperly. If you had the wrong firmware on a valid card it would display wrong firmware (or NG if I remember). You can try another CF card but when you place the reader in the laptop be very sure to say "NO" when it says would you like to format this card. Open the firmware toolkit and choose write firmware to a card, do not try and format the card 1st. Browse to the folder that contains the firmware and you should see a file below the "card work" folder. Select this file and the correct drive letter for your reader and write the firmware. There is only one slot on the C550 to put the CF card into so this is not the problem. The only other thing I can think of is your toolkit version is a little out of date. I am running 2.5.5 and I do not enable any of the "advanced features". Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Do you have the NVRAM Reset Tool software?

Quote Originally Posted by bungapads View Post
    Do you have the NVRAM Reset Tool software?
    Yes I have

BUNGA,
    You need KonicaMinolta firmware imaging toolkit SW + NVRAM Reset........u need it?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Updated Firmware for Bizhub C550

It's been over 2 and a half years so they may be OK by now.