Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts giddyupngo's Avatar

Re: C454e Jam code 9901 then "Pull out tray and set correct paper size and type"

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    change the clutch for the pull out transport unit above tray 4, problem will be solved.
    Thanks! I had a bizhub 654 that was jamming constantly on Tray 3, always 99-01 by the 3rd sheet that fed. I pulled out the clutch you mentioned and cleaned it with Tech Spray, and it did 300 sheets straight. The part number is A00JM20000, there is only one in this machine. Difficult to get to, but I was able to get to it through the right side by taking off some covers and moving a sensor. THANKS! Will carry one of these in the future.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C454e Jam code 9901 then "Pull out tray and set correct paper size and type"

Re: C454e Jam code 9901 then "Pull out tray and set correct paper size and type"

I've mentioned this in a differetn thread. So hope this will help someone as well since it is from the 990x jam family.

In case you get J9909 on C754 with punch unit installed, make sure you empty the punch box before you try to figure out what causes it. ( I know its engine jam) but that what actually triggers it. Sometimes it pops with Empty Punch Box and sometimes it just jams or subsequently freezes.. Machine is on GD3-K9 in case you wonder what firmware level I have it on.
    Hope this helps.
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by minimerlin View Post
    Just an update on this post..I think it is fixed! Finally got time to go back with very latest firmware which made no difference to the fault, which is still intermittent from all trays. Was going to order paper feed motor, as it is common to all the trays, then noticed that the registration actuator was slow to return to rest position! After the usual, KM designed, easy removal of the registration unit I applied a tiny dab of silicone oil to the pivots, and actuator now happy to home! Relubed the reg roller bushes and refitted unit. No jams!
    Only time will tell if this is the fix, just thought I would report progress.
    I've had this happen before on a c360 series too. I cant remember what the jam code was but it wasn't 9901. The actuator was intermittently not returning swiftly to home position due to dirt buildup.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Laserbeam's Avatar

Hello,

yesterday I had exactly the same problem with a bizhub 654e (counter about 800 K).
    Only when feeding from tray 3 (all others are working perfectly), after about 200 prints, paper jam occured with code 9901. After removing paper jam, the display show the message "Pull out tray and set correct paper siize and type".
    The distances between the paper jams are now getting shorter.
    I replaced the 1500-Sheet Paper Feed Assy with a new one, but without any success! The problem is still there.

Is the solution, as described above, clutch CL3, parts no. A00JM2000

Try the tray or paper size detection.
    Whatever

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Laserbeam's Avatar

Thank you for your answer allen,
    but I do not know exactly what do you mean
    Could you please explain to me, what exaxtly should I have to do?

best regards
    Joachim

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    C454e Jam code 9901 then "Pull out tray and set correct paper size and type"

Quote Originally Posted by big jase View Post
    try dip sw 145 set to 02 helps with 99-01 process jams
    Hi I would like to try the dip switch change however a little uncertain on how to do it.

I know how to get there and enter 145 in the switch section however there are 8 or so zeros in the next section.

Can you just clarify how this is done as I don’t want to mess anything up ?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonbonse View Post
    Hi I would like to try the dip switch change however a little uncertain on how to do it.

I know how to get there and enter 145 in the switch section however there are 8 or so zeros in the next section.

Can you just clarify how this is done as I don’t want to mess anything up ?

thanks
    After inputting the 145 go to the last item, enlightening it and press the right arrow.
    Input 2 and touch fix. You'll see some of the zeroes became ones.
    Exit from service mode and cicle power.
    ... In the minute that you're thinking of giving up, think about why you lasted so long ...